• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    "...then would you too?"
    Apparently, in Deer World-that means, "Yes". I'll bet you guys thought YOU had some serious rain in your area :D

This is what it looked like after I pulled three of them out of the road. I was concerned someone wouldn't see all of them in the road and swerve over another embankment to the water below.

There are five in the picture and an additional two made it across the road before dying. Surreal...

Attachments

• IMG_8722.jpg
      IMG_8722.jpg
      54.4 KB · Views: 462

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I'm surprised that a drop that meager(25' ?) resulted in death. During my alcohol-addled college days, I fell off our fraternity house roof almost that far and didn't even break a bone. I understand that the relaxed drunk is usually the one NOT injured in substantial impacts and that the deer likely hadn't pounded Jager before crossing the road, but still, deer are tough SOB's! I've seen 'em take all kinds of abuse and keep on truckin'.

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    We used to see that a bit after new bridge construction especially. Deer are so used to popping over a jersey wall and landing on grass that they don't look half the time. I imagine they shout the deer equivalent of HOLY SH!*! right before they go splat.

Only our bridges were 50+ feet down.

It is a shame though. Perfectly good waste of pretty wild life and delicious viddles.

Such is life.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Same thing happened at the new Wegmans in Abingdon during construction. Deer are a creature of habbit and when the property was graded and the tall retaining wall was put in the deer followed the old path. The put a fence on top and it helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom