• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    He's quite the Glock zealot.

Sounds like because Glock said it, 10+1 is better than 6+1 and better than 15+1.

Hope I can snag a used 43 cheap when more like him lose their minds for the latest bestest.

Why couldn't the innovators of perfection figure how to offer grip extension mags for the 43?

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Yup let’s make the part of the gun that’s harder to conceal, let’s make that bigger that will do it.....

Sadly the consumers with glock colored glasses will buy it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another Glock I will pass on.

Couldn't figure out how to stick 10 rds in the same size package and the mags don't interchange with the 43, no thanks. This video actually made me appreciate the 365 more, good work Glock.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'm only interested in the Glock 48, not the 43x. Especially since I already have a 43 and am pretty sure I'll be able to swap slides between them, making the 43x completely superfluous. Then again, the 19x and 45 seem to enjoy a lot of popularity, and are no different in concept than a Colt Commander 1911. Whatever. Options are good. And no way you'll ever catch me with a Cohen-era Sig!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I'm only interested in the Glock 48, not the 43x. Especially since I already have a 43 and am pretty sure I'll be able to swap slides between them, making the 43x completely superfluous. Then again, the 19x and 45 seem to enjoy a lot of popularity, and are no different in concept than a Colt Commander 1911. Whatever. Options are good. And no way you'll ever catch me with a Cohen-era Sig!

We have the same opinion. To me making the 43 grip longer defies the purpose of a CC weapon. I love my 43 and with the Pierce extensions it fits me pretty good. The 48 will be a must have for me. Then I could have both anyway.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I love it, sorry to go against popular opinion, but my hands can't stand short grips. Realistically there is a market for this (A BIG ONE). The majority of 43s end up wearing (sometimes unreliable) aftermarket plus 2 mag extensions anyway. They increases grip length and add additional capacity. When you look at what aftermarket manufactures are doing, and what people are buying, why wouldn't you make this? Why is it a sin when Glock gives us what we want anyway? Even if your don't want it, what's wrong with options? Are the original 43 owners salty because they didn't wait? we'll never know...... Simply, the gun community will never be pleased (there's always it should've been done like this or that).

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Everyone is going to buy one of these. Then the extra grip length of 43x will become superfluous with the next wave of 10rd mag bans(think of the children). Then they will make a new minimal size 43y with incompatible mags that only holds 5rds. Smart people over there at glock!

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    In my opinion the 43x and 48 are a waste of glocks time and money. Sure they will sell to their die hard fans...but objectively speaking they haven’t met/responded/one upped the competition. Just like when the shield came out ....the were what 1-2 (?)years behind with releasing the 43 and when they had all that time to see the direct competition they chose to come out with an offering with 2 less rounds?
    “You can put a mag extension on” sure and have a Glock 19 length with almost half the rounds? Dumb

Step forward to the p365 smaller, better trigger, and 10 rounds in a flush mag, a step ahead of shield and 43! I have 2 I’ve put 2k + through each with ZERO issues that plagued the you tube personalities/“legends”. So now Glock comes back after seeing their competition for 1-2 years with these 2 bigger dopey pistols? Ohhhh but they have 10 rounds!! and they are Glock 19 footprint only a little thinner with 1/3 less capacity.

That’s like a sports car or big truck coming out hyping up their ground breaking new release and it being a crank window, inline 6cylinder to compete with hellcats and hemi trucks. I’d say Glock really needs to re-evaluate their marketing/r&d teams lol. And for the record I’ve carried a Glock most of my adult life in varying capacities over the years and personally own more glocks than a lot of people own in total. So I’m by no means a Glock hater but, it’s hard to watch what seems like the beginning of them falter into obscurity.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    If I have to live with the same length grip of a Glock 19, I will just take the slightly thicker gun and get five extra rounds. Doesn't make much sense to me.

G43 with a + 1 Pearce for a full grip for me.

The 38 would be appealing in the state where you are limited to 10 Rounds I suppose.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Completely agree with the majority here.
    Why put a G19 grip on a G43 slide?? That’s essentially what this is..the grip is a hair thicker than the G43 and just a hair thinner than the G19. The grip length being the hardest to conceal I don’t see the point here.
    Sootch has always been a bought and paid for YouTube reviewer, it’s hard to take him serious when he mentions a Glock like this being worlds apart like the Gen5 G19 review. Why, because they put an orange follower in the mag like every other gun that came out in 2017, did the finger groove delete (again), different slide coating and made the same trigger with a 1oz lighter trigger pull?
    At the same time there are many Glock guys using large +2 or +3 extensions for their G43 so I guess there is a market for those that just fight carrying what they should be in the first place, a G19.
    The elephant in the room being, everyone wanted Glock to step up and push the envelope.. Make a Gen2 G43 with 10rd capacity to compete with the P365. Not waste a minutes time working on anything else.
    Instead CZ, Sig and others will continue to take more market share away year over year as Glock follows the same exact path as Apple. It’s not like they make a full line of various firearms, gear or optics etc.. They literally do one thing and that is making half plastic handguns

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I dont know why they call the g43x that. They should be g48 & g48x. Nothing is compatible with the g43's. Glock has made two new pistols, that are oddities. Big ass grips and not worth it for the added round count. The new finish is something. Actually a big something.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I will either like these, or like the drop in price of the Glock 19's, 43's, and similar that are sold-off to buy them.

Win-win for me. :)

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Why not just carry the G19?

Depends on body type, or maybe there's a restriction on capacity where you carry. DC Permits only allow 10 round magazine, which would make this gun perfect!

I prefer single stack guns they conceal better on me and my love handles :). I currently alternate between my Shield and Kahr CW9, this gun will be a 10 round blessing for me.....

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Why not just carry the G19?

Because I like the longer grip and it will be a bit thinner than the 19. I'll have to check it out. I like the look of it but if it doesn't feel right to me, I don't care what it looks like.

Only having the 10 round magazine doesn't bother me in the least.

I do like the 19, it is probably my favorite of all the Glocks, as of now. But, I am always on the hunt for something that feels a bit better.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    For all the people that can't understand why Glock made this........ Here is why, there is a market and other manufacturers are making money extending the grip while only adding 2 rounds from Strike Industries, True Precision and Shield Arms to name a few.

Companies milling RMR cuts = Glock Factory RMR cuts
    Companies making forward serrations = Glock factory forward serrations
    Companies making Plus 2 grip extensions for G43 = G43X :)

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      8.5 KB · Views: 214
    • XSAG43ME2_2__20904.1540314029.jpg
      XSAG43ME2_2__20904.1540314029.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 231
    • XTPG43MBL_2__63227.1540314012 (1).jpg
      XTPG43MBL_2__63227.1540314012 (1).jpg
      20.3 KB · Views: 253

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts