• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1Shifter

Sep 9, 2013
    Hey Guys, I won a Izzy round receiver M91/59 on GB. It looks like it's on a M44 stock but I won't know till I get my hands on it. I've looked online and there's a little info but not much. Curious on how common these are, I still a newbie when it comes to missile weapons. Thanks

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Hey Guys, I won a Izzy round receiver M91/59 on GB. It looks like it's on a M44 stock but I won't know till I get my hands on it. I've looked online and there's a little info but not much. Curious on how common these are, I still a newbie when it comes to missile weapons. Thanks

Congrats on the find! I label the M91/59 uncommon. Fortunate to have one in my collection. I find them more interesting than most M38s or M44s (early M38s and Finn captures being the exceptions). Hopefully H2U will be along soon to impart some info/wisdom as he's much better versed at all things Mosin than moi.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Weren’t they 91/30s cut down by the russians in 1959? Allan’s armory had a nice cache of them 10 years ago and that was pretty much the last i saw of them. If they were cut down to 38/44 length, would they have used remaining 38/44 stocks? Congrats on your win. Very nice.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Allan sissal at allan’s armory/ fla ( still in biz) used to sell these. Nice guy. Bet he would respond to an email asking about history.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    There is an interesting (spirited?) discussion on these over on gunboards you might want to check out.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1067785-Mosin-91-59-lore

I was lurking on this thread, hoping that someone would step up with definitive proof as to the history on these but just walked away from it all with lots of theories and speculation. Funny, you would think the true nature of 91/59 wouldn't be so hard to discern. But with the Iron Curtain up and the cold war running with all kinds of secrecy involved maybe that's to be expected.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I was lurking on this thread, hoping that someone would step up with definitive proof as to the history on these but just walked away from it all with lots of theories and speculation. Funny, you would think the true nature of 91/59 wouldn't be so hard to discern. But with the Iron Curtain up and the cold war running with all kinds of secrecy involved maybe that's to be expected.

Yeah, you would think something would come out. Seems like there are too many of them around that someone must know something definitive. Not like they are as rare as the St. Petersburg Calvary School Carbines (which I saw a few pop up from CIA and an affiliate a year or two ago). But like you said. Lots of stuff went on behind the Iron Curtain that might never be revealed.

1Shifter

Sep 9, 2013
    That is quite a spirited discussion, interesting stuff. Mine should deliver on Wednesday, I'm kinda interested to see what it is or is not.Ill try to post pics when I can, thanks again everyone for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom