Different / Unique / Oddball Short Barrel NFA item since eForms Form 1s are back

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I was thinking a glock 19 or 17 (maybe a P80) in .22lr (of course threaded) to put an original mako stock or something and swap the top out for 9mm when escaping MD...
    This is a more reasonable approach, IMHO. My 22lr conversion has run mostly OK after TacSol refurb'd it. Will note that some chassis systems don't seem to play very well with them. I also recall ATF approval issues because they didn't realize OAL only applies to centerfire semi-auto rifles, but those may be resolved by now.

If Sig ever introduces a 22lr P320, I would do the B&T USW conversion on that in a hot second, and then just swap to 9mm in VA/PA at the range.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    True. I wonder if that hits the 29” mark with a stock?

Doesn't matter.

Doesn't need to hit oal if it's not semi, IIRC?

If it is not a "center-fire, semi-automatic rifle which is capable of accepting detachable magazines" then it's not subject to the copycat test, which includes the 29" rule. This is why we can still make rimfire SBRs that are shorter than 29," and a lever gun shorter than 29" would be fine also.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Like others said, it doesn't apply to rimfires or manual actions, but it probably does make 29+".

I'm not an engineer, but Henry's rimfire rifles are listed as 18" plus their barrel length, so Mare's leg 12.875" barrel plus the stock from one of their rifles should be 30.875". But someone check my math on that... :lol2:

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I was thinking a glock 19 or 17 (maybe a P80) in .22lr (of course threaded) to put an original mako stock or something and swap the top out for 9mm when escaping MD...
    Good idea. I didn't think of that when I was doing the paperwork for the Glock SBR right before 41F in 2016.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    If Sig ever introduces a 22lr P320, I would do the B&T USW conversion on that in a hot second, and then just swap to 9mm in VA/PA at the range.
    Ooooh, had never really considered one of those. Figured it would have to have a ~10" stock extension for Maryland.

Haven't seen a rimfire conversion yet but maybe someone will make one.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Two questions......how do you add the fingerprints and photos needed for Form 1s now for eForms? And there is no OAL for SBS's right? I could buy a Shockwave and then add a stock to it, right?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nobody mentioned the obvious : T/C Contender , combine 10in bbl with carbine stock . Begin with either Handgun or Carbine Reciever .

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Two questions......how do you add the fingerprints and photos needed for Form 1s now for eForms? And there is no OAL for SBS's right? I could buy a Shockwave and then add a stock to it, right?

Have someone take a picture of you against a white wall. Crop picture (think passport photo), upload it where it asks for photos. For fingerprints, order cards from the atf free of charge, order an inkless fingerprint pad from amazon for about $7, watch YouTube videos on how to properly roll your own fingerprints. Once you submit your eform 1, you will receive a cover page in your email that you will use to mail with your fingerprint cards.
    As for the SBS, I have one with a 14” barrel and my OAL is 34”.
    Hope this helps.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Educate me. Are eForms Form 1 still a trust only thing? Also, I have a silencer shop kiosk pending transaction. Can I get my prints from them? I know I have some fingerprint print cards around the house somewhere (edit -- Found them)

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Short lever guns are pretty cool. If I went that route, I'd probably buy a "Mare's Leg" type thing and get a stock for it. Seems like less work than shortening a barrel, re-attaching a sight, and shortening a mag tube.

Nice idea if you could load without removing the can. On the ones (Henry's?) pictured, they are loaded through the tube, not the receiver. That would be a deal breaker for me.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Educate me. Are eForms Form 1 still a trust only thing? Also, I have a silencer shop kiosk pending transaction. Can I get my prints from them? I know I have some fingerprint print cards around the house somewhere (edit -- Found them)

Both individuals and trust holders can file eForms. I’m not sure on the Silencershop fingerprints but I would assume that you could.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Upside though, is that MDS member schnejerator has already cracked the code on how to get the 29" length requirement, and it's much easier than an H&K
    You should go back in that thread and see who really came up with that idea AND executed it first:D

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Nobody mentioned the obvious : T/C Contender , combine 10in bbl with carbine stock . Begin with either Handgun or Carbine Reciever .

Excellent however what that would really need is a quick attach stock for the pistol grip...

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Requires a bit of work but, a road warrior / auto burglar in 20ga has long been on my wishlist.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Nice idea if you could load without removing the can. On the ones (Henry's?) pictured, they are loaded through the tube, not the receiver. That would be a deal breaker for me.
    Good point. Henry has the tube that loads from the front. No loading gate. If I did a Mare’s Leg, it wouldn’t get a suppressor.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I have a Buckmark Carbine that I have wanted to SBR. I have Buckmark pistols with 4", up to 8" barrels. Two screws and done.

Ultimately making it into something like this.

Attachments

• buckmark20rifle-1.jpg
      buckmark20rifle-1.jpg
      24.5 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads