• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Any benefit or drawback to having a notary public sign off on the ATF permission form prior to mailing?

Thanks.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Any benefit or drawback to having a notary public sign off on the ATF permission form prior to mailing?

Thanks.

No apparent benefit other than looking more official. Drawback is that MDS members might think you are being melodramatic (see post 420)

On a serious note I am still really considering submitting a Form 1 for an SBR and specifically note in the item description Rapid Fire Trigger Activator.......

If it gets approved I could potentially argue ATF approval. That is if I had the balls and money to be that guy.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

Thanks.

No benefit. Completely unnecessary.
    Distracts low information gun owners from submitting the form as provided, which is the most important thing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    There will never be enough $$ to compensate MDI Pres. Mark Pennak for the immense number of hours he has put it in...to box in the Froshholes into a corner on so-called Rapid Fire Trigger Devices.

We are just fortunate that 2018 is his first full retirement year after decades as a DOJ litigator, otherwise we could NEVER afford him.

Sometimes the breaks go our way!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Question about the address on the form letter...

According to the USPS zip code lookup site, the zip is 20002-3325, but on the form letter it's 20226. Anybody know if the one on the letter is actually the right one?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 8.50.17 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 8.50.17 AM.jpg
      33.6 KB · Views: 355

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    From their home page....

and thanks to MSI for continuing the fight on behalf of us all! :party29:

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      72.5 KB · Views: 350

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I used the address given by our letter without issue yesterday morning when I sent it via certified.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It would seem that the BATFE building has it's own zip code. Just a quick search on that zip code showed only 1 business address, 99 New York Ave NE.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    From their home page....

and thanks to MSI for continuing the fight on behalf of us all! :party29:

Apparently ATF does not know it's own address.... just went to the post office to send a certified letter and was told that 99 New York Ave, NE has a zip code of 20002. 99 New York Ave, NW has a zip code of 20226.

Can someone clarify if the office is located in NE or NW????

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Apparently ATF does not know it's own address.... just went to the post office to send a certified letter and was told that 99 New York Ave, NE has a zip code of 20002. 99 New York Ave, NW has a zip code of 20226.

Can someone clarify if the office is located in NE or NW????

See post #568.

20226 appears correct and its 99 New York Ave NE

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    See post #568.

20226 appears correct and its 99 New York Ave NE

Then USPS does not have that address in the system and was told they will not send it to 20226. The woman behind the desk at USPS changed the zip code to 20002 on my certified letter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-17-10-57-24.jpg
      Screenshot_2018-09-17-10-57-24.jpg
      31.4 KB · Views: 291

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you do a search of the zip codes in Washington DC, it will list 20226. When you click on 20226, it doesn't highlight an area, it pin points a building. When you look at the data, it says that there is 1 listing and only 1 mailbox. It would seem that the BATFE building has it's own zip code.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Then USPS does not have that address in the system and was told they will not send it to 20226. The woman behind the desk at USPS changed the zip code to 20002 on my certified letter.

She did not do you any favors

The 20226 Zip code is for "Department of Treasury, Other offices."

Attachments

• 20226.jpg
      20226.jpg
      30.4 KB · Views: 276

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Using the USPS "click and ship" online system to send via signature-required priority mail (easy to print from home), it auto-corrects the 99 NEW YORK AVE NE address for BATFE to 20002-3325. There is no means by which to use a different zip code. Something tells me the USPS can still manage to deliver a signature-require document to a federal agency at a known STREET address in DC without that issue being a roadblock. We'll know in a couple of days, as I track that letter (another good reason to use priority mail, rather than first class, certified or not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom