• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I don't know what she weighed, but turns out my doe was a fawn! I'd have sworn she was 1.5 by the size. Last year Kev P gave me a doe he shot, and I got about the same amount of meat off that one as the one I got this season. That doe was 1.5, as I checked the lower jaw to age her. Both deer had a short face. Yesterday I checked the jaw on my doe and she was 6 months old. I don't know what she weighed, but she was one big doe fawn! She seemed to be the size of a good healthy button buck. I got 19 pounds of meat off of her, deboned, and that was with the shoulders both being shot. I got 20 pounds off of Kev P's deer last year, which did not have any messed up meat.

So the doe of mine was with was her mother when I shot her. Momma doe was the one snorting. I have game cam pics of a doe with 1 fawn over and over, and there was a dead button buck back in early muzzle loader that may have been the twin to this doe.

Attachments

• dec122014deertakehanging.jpg
      dec122014deertakehanging.jpg
      74.1 KB · Views: 254

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    All that corn you been feeding her!:lol2:. Just kidding. Mo burger. She'll be delish!

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    So when can we come over for some tasty backstrap?:innocent0

You have some excellent meat there. Good shot too.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Those young ones taste terrible when they grow that fast on a diet of acorns and corn. Especially medium rare rubbed with some salt, pepper, and brown sugar. They wont be tender at all. I'm sure someone will be happy to take those tenderloins off your hands before they go to waste.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Those young ones taste terrible when they grow that fast on a diet of acorns and corn. Especially medium rare rubbed with some salt, pepper, and brown sugar. They wont be tender at all. I'm sure someone will be happy to take those tenderloins off your hands before they go to waste.

don't forget the garlic and butter:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom