• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I thought I would have to register an AR-15 period, whether or not it met the "two feature" criteria.

So if I replace my collapsible stock on my AR-15 with a fixed stock, and simply remove the flash hider, I don't have to register it? (I know, technically it's already 'registered' thanks to the MSP77....)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I thought I would have to register an AR-15 period, whether or not it met the "two feature" criteria.

So if I replace my collapsible stock on my AR-15 with a fixed stock, and simply remove the flash hider, I don't have to register it? (I know, technically it's already 'registered' thanks to the MSP77....)

If it was bought as hbar. Cash and carry.. yes.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I bought mine as a regulated receiver, then built it as a standard M4gery. 16" upper with a flash hider, and a collapsible stock with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    If it was bought as an H-Bar it COULD be called a Copy-Cat weapon by the new MD Law(???IF it is passed???)If it has a fixed stock you can simply remove the flash hider and leave the threads bare or screw on a thread protector. Then it will only have 1 evil feature, the pistol grip.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I bought mine as a regulated receiver, then built it as a standard M4gery. 16" upper with a flash hider, and a collapsible stock with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

I think the problem is the list. "Colt AR-15" and copies is specifically listed. (and HBAR is specifically excluded). So I don't think you can use the feature test unless it's an HBAR?? No idea on whether the list allowing HBARS trumps the copycat section....:sad20:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I think the problem is the list. "Colt AR-15" and copies is specifically listed. (and HBAR is specifically excluded). So I don't think you can use the feature test unless it's an HBAR?? No idea on whether the list allowing HBARS trumps the copycat section....:sad20:

i assume it does.. but then again.. like i said previous post.. if it has them evil features and it fails the test.. now you have to register it as regulated (that is if it was bought cash and cary from the start.. ie. didnt have to wait 7 days and didnt fill out the md77r form).

kinda confusing.. not a lawyer nor did i stay at holiday inn last night.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Just use a simple hacksaw to cut the 1.5 inch pinned/welded flash hider off of your 14.5 inch barrel.:innocent0

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Winner!! :thumbsup:

All my AR's ran away, I couldn't afford to feed them anymore.

MSP can just go to the next house on the list. ;)

thats a good one.
    when Owemalleys zombies come a knocking to collect your swag,
    are you going to show them the door or the floor?:D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    thats a good one.
    when Owemalleys zombies come a knocking to collect your swag,
    are you going to show them the door or the floor?:D

I'll show them the door. As far as they're concerned - I own 2 pistols and 2 stripped lower's, nothing more, nothing less.

And those lower's may have an unfortunate boating accident on a upcoming fishing trip.

I knew I bought most of my stuff while living in Va. for a reason. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom