• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NRA-Benefactor

Defend Freedom
    Feb 4, 2013
    Calvert County
    Looking to build a Rem 700 260 tactical bolt gun and would like to deal with someone local.

I will need Seekins bottom metal installed and pillar bedded in a MacMillan stock, Rock or Bartlien barrel installed and chambered, action trued and trigger installed.

I have all parts except barrel, can anyone recommend a local smith??

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Looking to build a Rem 700 260 tactical bolt gun and would like to deal with someone local.

I will need Seekins bottom metal installed and pillar bedded in a MacMillan stock, Rock or Bartlien barrel installed and chambered, action trued and trigger installed.

I have all parts except barrel, can anyone recommend a local smith??
    Can't think of anyone closer, but how far to Springfield, VA for you?

Sandy Garrett runs the Northern Virginia Gun Works and does first class custom guns. Sandy is a good guy and would do a nice job on this.

The only thing that might be an issue is that Sandy really likes Krieger barrels and you might have to talk him into using anything else. Krieger does make great barrels, but I personally think the gunsmith is more important than the barrel maker these days. All of the high end custom barrels are capable of superb performance. Rock barrels are excellent barrels, I've seen a few through class here and they shoot as well as any that are correctly installed. I have a Bartlein on a 6.5-284 myself that shoots great too. Schneider, Shilen, Broughton, Hart too, I'd not care if th right guy did the work.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Ed Harren (located in Ijamsville) built a rifle for a buddy of mine and it is dead nuts on at 300 yards. Steve liked dealing with him and while I've not dealt with him personally, he has a good reputation in the area from what I can tell.

Eddie is an IP

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=15332
    Ed does excellent work and he will also do a very nice job for the OP, but is a much longer run from SoMD.

Ed is definitely a member here (DocEd), but I don't think he's an IP.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Clearence Hamonds does my work . Sid Goodling does very good work as well and Bob Green does good work all are in Red lion , york and spring grove PA.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Clearence Hamonds does my work . Sid Goodling does very good work as well and Bob Green does good work all are in Red lion , york and spring grove PA.
    Sid built a 6.5-300 Weatherby 1k benchrest gun for me in the early 90s. First class work and amazing to see 1,000 Ft.Lbs. delivered at 1,000 yards with 1/4 to 3/8 moa precision. Great gun, too much fun, ate the barrel at 750 rounds.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom