• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArtBob

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2009
    Hello here. I was by the water cooler and got scared by the thread about the government shutdown. Got stuck in 3 of them in the 90s wasn't fun.

So if one of you is a government worker and is affecter by the shutdown I have a thousand rounds of 7.62×25mm Tokarev surplus ammo with your name on it. Do not get too excited on my last trip to the range one out of 10 was a dull.

I am in Fort Washington, PM me if you interested.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'm affected by the shutdown...the government isn't screwing with my rights while they're out. I went through several shutdowns during the '90s as well. I was a federal law enforcement officer and had to work which is fine...those that got a forced vacation got paid for not working when it was over. It all depends on your point of view...I worked and got paid when it was over and those who didn't work also got paid.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Hello here. I was by the water cooler and got scared by the thread about the government shutdown. Got stuck in 3 of them in the 90s wasn't fun.

So if one of you is a government worker and is affecter by the shutdown I have a thousand rounds of 7.62×25mm Tokarev surplus ammo with your name on it. Do not get too excited on my last trip to the range one out of 10 was a dull.

I am in Fort Washington, PM me if you interested.

???

Water Cooler with only 3 posts. Hmmmmm

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm affected by the shutdown...the government isn't screwing with my rights while they're out. I went through several shutdowns during the '90s as well. I was a federal law enforcement officer and had to work which is fine...those that got a forced vacation got paid for not working when it was over. It all depends on your point of view...I worked and got paid when it was over and those who didn't work also got paid.

I lucked out as my agency was one of those that got a full year appropriation back on 9/28. First time our agency didn’t have a CR in a decade or more for at least part of the year. So I am not directly impacted.

Ive had a few and lucked out that they were all short enough my paycheck was at most a few days delayed. I’ve got friends who are working as essential or cooling their heels at home. They’ve missed a paycheck. None are on the street yet, but one of my friends isn’t going to be able to pay most of their credit card bill that’s due in a couple of weeks if they don’t get paid by then. So at a minimum he’s getting nailed with credit card interest. If it goes till March he isn’t going to be able to pay his mortgage.

I’ve got a rental house and my renter told me they can’t pay February’s rent in full because of the shutdown. They are a contractor and not getting paid and no backpay. Only $500 short, but I assume they can’t pay a dime for March’s rent if the shutdown isn’t done by then. I can’t afford to pay the mortgage on my rental house with a non-paying renter (not long term anyway) I am going to try to work with them on it as I understand their position (and I know they are a federal contractor, not just that they are blowing smoke). That said, if the shutdown isn’t over and they aren’t going to be able to make April’s rent I am going to have to start eviction proceedings. I just can’t afford to let them live there not paying rent or taking months or longer to payback what they owe in missed rent (because they won’t get backpay, so it isn’t like they just need to get their first huge post-shutdown check).

ArtBob

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2009
    Lazarus,

Thank you for your interesting comment. What you are describing is similar to my experience in the 90s and what my co-workers back then experienced. That cannot be easy for most people.

I lucked out as my agency was one of those that got a full year appropriation back on 9/28. First time our agency didn’t have a CR in a decade or more for at least part of the year. So I am not directly impacted.

Ive had a few and lucked out that they were all short enough my paycheck was at most a few days delayed. I’ve got friends who are working as essential or cooling their heels at home. They’ve missed a paycheck. None are on the street yet, but one of my friends isn’t going to be able to pay most of their credit card bill that’s due in a couple of weeks if they don’t get paid by then. So at a minimum he’s getting nailed with credit card interest. If it goes till March he isn’t going to be able to pay his mortgage.

I’ve got a rental house and my renter told me they can’t pay February’s rent in full because of the shutdown. They are a contractor and not getting paid and no backpay. Only $500 short, but I assume they can’t pay a dime for March’s rent if the shutdown isn’t done by then. I can’t afford to pay the mortgage on my rental house with a non-paying renter (not long term anyway) I am going to try to work with them on it as I understand their position (and I know they are a federal contractor, not just that they are blowing smoke). That said, if the shutdown isn’t over and they aren’t going to be able to make April’s rent I am going to have to start eviction proceedings. I just can’t afford to let them live there not paying rent or taking months or longer to payback what they owe in missed rent (because they won’t get backpay, so it isn’t like they just need to get their first huge post-shutdown check).

ArtBob

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2009
    The ammo is gone. I will try to clean up more C&R stuff I can do without and post again in case it helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom