• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    wow, sad story. is it ironic that the cops came and shot the small bear she was trying to protect before shooting the bigger one that actually ate her?
    The son-in-law of Donna Munson told 7NEWS that Munson was trying to help a smaller bear that had gotten into a fight with an older bear on Aug 7. The smaller bear suffered broken teeth in the brawl, Munson told her family.

Munson told her brother by telephone that she was putting out hard-boiled eggs and milk for the younger bear to eat, said the victim's son-in-law, Bruce Milne.

Munson told her brother Thursday night that the older bear was back and said, "I'm going to chase it off with a broom."

When deputies arrived to investigate the report of a mauling on Friday, they were approached by a 250-pound bear, which was actively sniffing the body. A deputy with the Ouray Sheriff's Office fired six rounds and killed the bear. A necropsy on that bear showed that it neither attacked nor fed on Munson.

On Saturday about 3 a.m., a second bear was acting aggressively towards investigators who were still at the house. A Division of Wildlife investigator shot and killed that bear -- a 400-pound male bear.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    The wire she put up around her house looked better suited to stop raccoons not bears. Crazy people do crazy things. Remember grizzly man???

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    The wire she put up around her house looked better suited to stop raccoons not bears. Crazy people do crazy things. Remember grizzly man???

yeah grizzly man was nuts. Im still curious to hear the recording of the final attack that got him and his lady friend whacked

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    The coroner said her official cause of death was multiple trauma due to a bear attack. The manner of death was ruled to be accidental.

I'd say the bear didn't do it accidentally...
    Sorry just had to go there before someone else did.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    The woman is an f'in idiot and in my mind got what she deserved. People continue to underestimate the wildlife around them. Feeding bears is like giving free beer to the Outlaws and then cutting them off while standing in front of a cold beer filled cooler. Dumb. Suicidal.

Rough_Rider

Oct 31, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    In related news, the family of the 250 lb bear are now suing the Ouray Sherrif's Office and the Town of Ouray, Colorado for wrongful death. Civil rights leaders from around the country have descended on Ouray to protest the police departments use of "profiling" in the death of this unarmed bear. A member of the local police department who asked not to be identified said " All those bears look alike to me."

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    It is unfortunate, but she brought it on herself. Feeding the bears was her first mistake.

Some people are stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom