• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    Have seen other flintlock weapons from this Canadian distributor and all have been of good substantial quality. The Baker rifle they sell is the same one used by the BBC series "Sharpes Rifles" and very well made although it is a smoothbore.

I have several original 18th century horse and dragoon pistols and the quality of these repros surpasses the originals. Better, thicker steel in barrels and more preciselock mechanism. Wood to metal fit is kinda crap.

I have repros like this that Ifire off on 4th of July, etc. It just takes a 1/8 in
    drill bit. Drill in center of pan and watch to see how thick the steel is at breech by eyeballing how far the bit goes in before breaking through. If that is not minimum 1/8in then hang the pistol on your fireplace and never load it.

Believe thatpistol takes a full load of 60gr of fffg black powder. For fun, I do half loads of about 30gr wadded with two kleenex. Lots of noise and a big bright fireball--kleenex vaporizes in air and only residue is some grey ash.

I second the adviceof firing the first few shots by securing the pistol in a vice and pulling trigger with a long string.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom