• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Gentlemen, I've already researched this on M4 and ARFF, but wanted to ask myself. So, here goes.

Background info, due to the market my SBR build is on a Stag stripped lower. She's engraved and paperwork pending. I recently received my Colt LPK, and next week she'll get stocked. Upper isn't purchased due to legal reasons, but it will likely be LWRC for 5.56, and DD for .300AAC. SO, Stag shell, colt guts, piston upper, and caliber changed upper. Also, she'll be run with a can regularly and heavily.

This is the first time I've ever considered anti rotation pins. I've always felt I've never needed them, I've always run good guns, and never had an issue. Given this is an NFA item, I considered getting them to help ensure it lasts a lifetime. Has anybody ever seen pins egghole? Walk out? Under what circumstances? Anti rotation pins on this puppy, or no?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No, the KNS pins, while marketed well - are more prone to pure and simply breaking when run suppressed or FA for heavy periods.

On my gunsmith's recommendation, I stopped using them, as I was told - the stainless they are machined from is actually somewhat soft when compared to standard FCG pins, so they really don't have a solid purpose as long as your lower isn't worn or egged to begin with.

If you upgrade to a diff't trigger pack - say a Geissele - they're not recommended to be used with anti-rotation pins.

I'm not a gunsmith, but I do listen to them when they give input on these matters. :)

chupacabra

Dec 21, 2012
    I think they are best for a drop in trigger unit like the AR gold trigger. Geissele states to use the ones provided with their triggers not KNS pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom