• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm curious if it would be possible to mill the lower to fit gen 4 slide. If possible, someone may come out with a template for that. Just a though but I'll probably try to beat a gen 4 slide on a gen 3 lower tonight or at least spec it out, hell someone probably already has ... Google!

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm curious if it would be possible to mill the lower to fit gen 4 slide. If possible, someone may come out with a template for that. Just a though but I'll probably try to beat a gen 4 slide on a gen 3 lower tonight or at least spec it out, hell someone probably already has ... Google!

You probably could. Take a Gen 4 slide and use it as a template.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I don't know enough about the differences, but are the striker engagement area and the striker safety plunger in the same places for gen1,2,3 and the gen 4?

verizonguy

Sep 30, 2010
    Bel Air, MD
    Just got my polymer80 PF940C finished last night. This thing is definitely a huge improvement over the full size frames they offer. Not they weren't okay, but this seemed to have had a little more thought put in it. You guys won't be dissapointed if you pick one of these up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      125.9 KB · Views: 289

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    ^^^ Very nice. I especially like the look of that slide. Where did you get it?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just got my polymer80 PF940C finished last night. This thing is definitely a huge improvement over the full size frames they offer. Not they weren't okay, but this seemed to have had a little more thought put in it. You guys won't be dissapointed if you pick one of these up.

Holy crap that's sweet

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm having a devil of a time with that rear pin that holds the rear rail. The slide fits though

Attachments

• IMG_7957.jpg
      IMG_7957.jpg
      82.2 KB · Views: 264
    • IMG_7959.jpg
      IMG_7959.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 261

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Is the hole in the frame offset from the hole in the rail unit?

I finally got it in there. I started one side and also started the other side with another pin and drove one all the way through.

I do have to order new Glock steel pins. One of the pins from the Midway LPK was poly (the one closest to the trigger that holds part of the locking block) and it mushroomed on me.

Can't wait to get it to the range!

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I finally got it in there. I started one side and also started the other side with another pin and drove one all the way through.

I do have to order new Glock steel pins. One of the pins from the Midway LPK was poly (the one closest to the trigger that holds part of the locking block) and it mushroomed on me.

That's odd, because that pin is supposed to be steel.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

I believe people have modified factory Gen 3 frames to fit Gen 4 slides so I'll bet this is totally possible.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008

That poly pin is the trigger housing pin on the rear of the grip on a standard glock.

The locking block pin is the same diameter and has little steps cut in it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    That poly pin is the trigger housing pin on the rear of the grip on a standard glock.

The locking block pin is the same diameter and has little steps cut in it.

The Poly 80 frame comes with its own trigger housing pin for the rear grip. It's steel and also holds in the rear rails, and is packaged in a little baggie with the rear rails.

To your point, maybe I still have the steel pin I need for the locking block in the LPK package from Midway? I'll have to check when I get home. I guess it doesn't really matter since I already ordered steel pins from Squirrel Daddy.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got mine together. The pins were by far the hardest part of the build. Not sure if the jig was off by a little or what but all the pins gave me trouble. I found that installing the slide actually helped them go in.

Range report sometime this week!

Attachments

• IMG_7964.jpg
      IMG_7964.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 225
    • IMG_7966.jpg
      IMG_7966.jpg
      77.2 KB · Views: 207

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The jig kinda sucks... it is very easy to get a little misalignment drilling it by hand like they want you to. I took BradMacc's advice and put a little chamfer on the locking block pins and that helped, the only pin I had to 'coax' a little was actually the trigger/slide release pin, as one of the holes was a couple thousandths mismatched with the mating hole in the locking block, but with a little patience it went in okay.

Now, to see if it goes bang and stays in one piece! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 3.jpg
      FullSizeRender 3.jpg
      125.6 KB · Views: 214
    • FullSizeRender.jpg
      FullSizeRender.jpg
      116.2 KB · Views: 214

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads