• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    I do some work in Fredericksburg, VA about once a month. Any recommendations for public ranges within a 30 minute radius? Preferably looking for somewhere I can shoot rifle and pistol.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I do some work in Fredericksburg, VA about once a month. Any recommendations for public ranges within a 30 minute radius? Preferably looking for somewhere I can shoot rifle and pistol.

I have a good client in Fredericksburg and while visiting him last week we got on the subject of shooting. He said they are actually very few rifle ranges nearby, but he has a lot of friends with fairly large farms where they shoot. Maybe this one of the reasons for the lack of public range.

If you are a former service member you could join the Quantico club and shoot on post there.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    If you are a former service member you could join the Quantico club and shoot on post there.

i've shot various matches there and seems they're always looking for members, don't think you have to be .mil but could be wrong.

fredericksburg rod & gun club also, membership based, not sure of a wait time if any. and like quantico, they host various matches and no membership needed for those.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Shooting & hunting partner #3 used to live out side Fredericksburg until his tragic boat accident ( the fatal kind, not the ha ha kind ).

He looked into ranges , but as noted , there weren't any close by . Clark Bros , and Game Commision range to the west , but those are both more than 30 min .

As noted , most people who live in the country , and have a cpl acres just shoot on their own property. Unlike here , most neighbors don't complain, and even if they do, the Sheriff will tell them , its perfectly legal, and stop whining ( unless you are doing somthing massively stupid ).

If you go to Fredericksburg using I-95 , you drive right past Sharpshooters indoor range in South Springfield. Stop there on your way to or from F'burg .

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    i've shot various matches there and seems they're always looking for members, don't think you have to be .mil but could be wrong.

fredericksburg rod & gun club also, membership based, not sure of a wait time if any. and like quantico, they host various matches and no membership needed for those.

Looked at the Rod and Gun Club. There waiting list is closed! Must be high demand.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    C F Phelps WMA, Summerduck. Just off Rt 17. I think it is only open certain times. Heard it was mainly for sighting in hunting rifles. I had intended to check it out when I was going to Fredericksburg area too, but never did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom