• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    So I have an interview this morning for a position as one of the curators at an out of State museum. While preparing for the interview I was reminded of the ATF classification on C&R firearms as

To be recognized as C&R items, 478.11 specifies that firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;

Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

So, on the off chance I get this job...what should I classify as C&R next?:deal:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    P7 isn't unique for the somewhat unusual delayed blowback. It is unique for the Squeezecocker fire controls.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    All Browning Hi Powers and copies of the Browning Hi Power.
    The Hi Power was a unique pistol, Any museum collection should have all the versions and copies in a Display.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    All firearms that were standard military issue for a nation engaged in combat hostilities at the time of that combat. This would be a simple extension of the rule that makes all WWI and WWII service rifles C&R (which must have predated 1989).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Can a person old enough to qualify as Curio, Collectible or Relic their self buy newer firearms with a CC&R?

Yes.

First, invent a time a machine.

Second, go back in time and give the firearms to someone that will sell them back to you in 50 years.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    P7 isn't unique for the somewhat unusual delayed blowback. It is unique for the Squeezecocker fire controls.

Can you mention any other gas-retarded blowback pistols?

I like HK P9S, with roller-block delay, too.

Trouble with the HKs above is that they're already expensive in the marketplace, and surplus sources are exhausted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom