You Wonder Why Online Stores Won't Sell To Md ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Remember, this doesn't even address ammo and the firearms themselves. This is ONLY in regards to magazines, chemical sprays, and stun gun restrictions.

http://handgunlaw.us/documents/NoHiCapChemSpray.pdf

I understand it's their business and they should know the laws BUT the laws are so varied and differ so greatly from locality to locality I completely understand why some stores don't understand the laws and restrict or flat out ban sales to certain areas. Like Palmetto won't ship ammo, ANY AMMO, to Montgomery County, they're completely "wrong" but I have to cut them some slack.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not selling us stuff we can legally buy is playing to the antis, end of story. The commitment to 2A is apparently only as far it doesn't cost money, right? I don't reject Cali buyers out of hand when I'm selling stuff - I check their laws, do my research, and then make an informed decision. I don't just tell them "lol, it's hard, go away" because they're from Cali. I expect the same treatment in return as a MD resident.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Every time a merchant asks their lawyer a question, there is a bill attached to it. The reality is that Maryland has only about 6 1/4 million people, and within that, Montgomery County about a million people. I'm guessing that to PSA and some others, there are not enough lost profits to justify understanding, and then keeping up with, the laws affecting so few people. California, OTOH, is a market large enough to profit from understanding.

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    Not selling us stuff we can legally buy is playing to the antis, end of story. The commitment to 2A is apparently only as far it doesn't cost money, right? I don't reject Cali buyers out of hand when I'm selling stuff - I check their laws, do my research, and then make an informed decision. I don't just tell them "lol, it's hard, go away" because they're from Cali. I expect the same treatment in return as a MD resident.
    Do you remember the Ballad of Irving? The 142 fastest gun in the west?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Many of us remember The Ballad of Irving very well. For those who do not, here you go:
    ;)

Never heard before and no idea how in the world you guys strayed into this but that's pretty funny.

Irving
    Big Fat Irving
    Big Dumb Dumb Irving
    Big Dumb Dumb Dead Irving
    The 142nd Fastest Gun In The West, Weeeeeeeeeeesssst
    REALLY

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    My ex-wife used to tape Dr. D and send me the cassettes when I was overseas. Had a bunch of guys that would hang around when I got a package from home cause they knew Dr. D would be on tape! Always made us laugh in an otherwise unhappy time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom