• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I have a project coming up in a Baltimore city school in a not so good neighborhood. This school has been closed since the end of the 2016 school year and a construction site since then. My question is, would this still be considered a school or would my W&C permit be valid on the property? I'm not looking to break the law and moving in and out with couple $k worth of equipment, I want to come home at the end of the day. I will be feeling out the GC this week to as to their policies and opinion.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have a project coming up in a Baltimore city school in a not so good neighborhood. This school has been closed since the end of the 2016 school year and a construction site since then. My question is, would this still be considered a school or would my W&C permit be valid on the property? I'm not looking to break the law and moving in and out with couple $k worth of equipment, I want to come home at the end of the day. I will be feeling out the GC this week to as to their policies and opinion.
    Pm sent, IANAL

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster

If it is still considered school property, you probably need to play by their rules. Usually schools prohibit carry except for law enforcement.

IANAL either.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Assuming it is still owned by the City of Baltimore and will be used as a school after renovation, IANAL either but I would presume it to still be a GFZ.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I have not seen any language in COMAR regarding carry rules "while school is in session" which means to me the rules apply 24 hours a day, including summer time. I wouldn't do it, but IANAL.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have worked on quite a few new schools while they were being built, they were all GFZ and we couldn't even have a firearm in our vehicles on the property.
    They had to allow knives or the school would never get built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom