• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    because many people come here to sell items in the classified section with no real interest in contributing to the community. By requiring 50 posts most who really don't want to contribute to MDS are weeded out .. People who start junk posts just to get to 50 are quickly reported to the staff and are shown the door.

We are primarily a community, not a gun sales site. The classifieds are a benefit to members, but not the reason MDS exists.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    because many people come here to sell items in the classified section with no real interest in contributing to the community. By requiring 50 posts most who really don't want to contribute to MDS are weeded out .. People who start junk posts just to get to 50 are quickly reported to the staff and are shown the door.

We are primarily a community, not a gun sales site. The classifieds are a benefit to members, but not the reason MDS exists.

Ed Zachary. :lol2:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As per usual, there is a crew that joins up for a Happy Hour before the meeting:

Rams Head Roadhouse
    1773 Generals Highway
    Annapolis MD

Drop in anytime between 4:30pm and our departure time at 5:45pm. The HPRB meeting is just up the road from the Roadhouse, about 10 minutes away.

See you there if you can make it.

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County

Must have been a recent change because I remembered previously viewing them. It's a shame for someone like me who doesn't post often and values listening over talking on this site and especially that thread because I now lack the ammo (pun intended) to share with others offline concerning the ******** people have to go through in MD at the HPRB, the disgraceful MSP LD actions and arguments at these meetings, and the ridiculousness of the entire MD CCW process. I didn't even know there was a classified section where you could sell. Feel like there could be a better way to accomplish this weeding out goal as the ability of this 2a supporter to spread the word has now been handcuffed by his own kind. There are so many worthless posts and replies on here, and I am not glued in to the site 24/7 (nor do I have the time to be) so I am usually beaten to the finish line when there are opportunities / posts to which I could add a reply of substance. Not trying to be a smart a**, just disappointed and hope a different method for weeding out could be explored. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for time of those most active on here who provide valuable contributions and information especially miss those from the HPRB thread. Thanks.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Must have been a recent change because I remembered previously viewing them. It's a shame for someone like me who doesn't post often and values listening over talking on this site and especially that thread because I now lack the ammo (pun intended) to share with others offline concerning the ******** people have to go through in MD at the HPRB, the disgraceful MSP LD actions and arguments at these meetings, and the ridiculousness of the entire MD CCW process. I didn't even know there was a classified section where you could sell. Feel like there could be a better way to accomplish this weeding out goal as the ability of this 2a supporter to spread the word has now been handcuffed by his own kind. There are so many worthless posts and replies on here, and I am not glued in to the site 24/7 (nor do I have the time to be) so I am usually beaten to the finish line when there are opportunities / posts to which I could add a reply of substance. Not trying to be a smart a**, just disappointed and hope a different method for weeding out could be explored. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for time of those most active on here who provide valuable contributions and information especially miss those from the HPRB thread. Thanks.

Been that way (The water cooler = 50 posts) for almost ever. The HPRB posts you saw were indeed here in the MD 2A section, but since it can be seen for free without ever logging in, and folks from the other side were "reading our mail" the threads got moved to a more discreet area.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As mentioned the 50 post requirement has been here almost from the inception of the forum. It certainly was in effect when I joined in 2009. It is not difficult to reach 50 meaningful posts. Most of the rules are instituted to benefit the majority here, not the vocal minority. The great thing about MDS is participation is voluntary.

Hope to see you contributing

ETA-as was pointed out, you are not handcuffed for the purpose of driving and attending the HPRB meetings in Crownsville. That way you will have first hand knowledge of the operations of the HPRB. Many members here attend the meetings.

Hope to see you there. Introduce yourself when you arrive.

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    It's easy to attend HPRB if you somewhat local, but that could be a 100+ mile trip for some in MD. Has there ever been a lawsuit on these grounds as that not accommodating or reasonable particularly for Wicomico, Garret / Allegany / Washington, and Cecil other upper Eastern shore county residents?

But what's the exact concern again of someone reading these HPRB posts on a public forum by a non-member? Like this is not a secret society like the MD Masons...current policy is really a delay tactic as opposed to viable deterrent. And posts are comments / opinion on public meeting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom