• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    ^This!!

If your thinking Friday, definitely be there early, cause anyone that can get a day off, would be competition.

Wednesday is supposed to be wet out, so even on Friday out past 75 yards will likely be a mud hole, so just a head's up.

I'm aiming for tomorrow morning myself, If I may be shooting against SCAR sometime soon, I want to brush up on my pull with this factory trigger - since I can't use my Geissele trigger when we go head-to-head.

have you set date for that yet? the challenge that is.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not yet, haven't gotten a date set (SCAR hasn't been back on yet, that I know of) or a distance, but at least on the distance I'd assume 100 yards.

I'm looking forward to it, don't think I've shot with SCAR yet, interested to see what type of groups we can pull.

Got to re-adjust to a factory FCG again, got pampered with that Geissele.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Rant start:
    I was planning on going to the range on Friday (like what I normally do on my cws day) but I get to wait for the refrigerator repair guy instead . . . my parents got a brand new ($3000!) refrigerator and the dang water hook up came broken from the factory! Since I am such a nice son I am waiting for the repair people to show up. And, of course, the repair people will show up sometime between 8am and 5pm. . .WTF is that crap! :mad54:
    Rant end

Despite all of the above I will be there bright and early on Saturday. :cool:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Rant start:
    I was planning on going to the range on Friday (like what I normally do on my cws day) but I get to wait for the refrigerator repair guy instead . . . my parents got a brand new ($3000!) refrigerator and the dang water hook up came broken from the factory! Since I am such a nice son I am waiting for the repair people to show up. And, of course, the repair people will show up sometime between 8am and 5pm. . .WTF is that crap! :mad54:
    Rant end

Despite all of the above I will be there bright and early on Saturday. :cool:

I hate BS like that...ruins your whole day...but if you leave to go somewhere for 10 minutes they show up right when you are the furthest point away. Lowes buttonhooked us before like that. They said they would be there from 1pm to 5pm...we get home at 1pm and the stuff is sitting there delivered at 10am!!!WTF! lol

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Hey Guys, greetings. Just found this site. I just dusted the cob webs off the safe recently, purchased a few more toys, and need to make some noise. I haven't been to Myrtle Grove for ~10 years. I still need to register somehow, correct? BTW, I'm just a few miles away in Laplata. thanks....

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hey Guys, greetings. Just found this site. I just dusted the cob webs off the safe recently, purchased a few more toys, and need to make some noise. I haven't been to Myrtle Grove for ~10 years. I still need to register somehow, correct? BTW, I'm just a few miles away in Laplata. thanks....

Just pick up a permit, $20. :thumbsup:

Wal-mart and other places have them.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Just ask for Myrtle Grove range permit. They run from July to July, so you'll have to get a new one in 4-5 months, but 20 bucks is still a good deal.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I still need to register somehow, correct?

Just pick up a permit, $20. :thumbsup:

Wal-mart and other places have them.

Forget fighting the crowds at Walmart. Just get your fishing/hunting/range permits online here: https://www1.md.wildlifelicense.com/

Thank you sir, what permit do I ask for?

Just ask for Myrtle Grove range permit. They run from July to July, so you'll have to get a new one in 4-5 months, but 20 bucks is still a good deal.

From the website:

Shooting Range
    An eight-station firearm shooting range, trap range, and three-station archery range are open for public use by permit. Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol target shooting are permitted. The range is closed during deer firearms season.
    A permit is required for everyone age 18 and older. Shooters 17 and younger MUST have a hunter safety certificate and be accompanied by someone 18 or older with a valid range permit.
    Seasonal Range permits are $20 and can be obtained from any License Agent, Online, by mail using this form or over the phone at (800) 918-2870.
    Daily permits are $5 and may be obtained at the Myrtle Grove office only. Call (301) 743-5161 for additional information on obtaining a one day permit.
    Range Hours:

March through October: Sunday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday from 1:00 pm to 6:pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
    November through February: Sunday and Monday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
    The range will open at 9:00 am on any Monday that falls on a State Holiday.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And quite correctly too, I had a $250 range day once because I thought otherwise, DNR does check permits down there somewhat randomly, so it pays to know if your permit is still valid or expired.

Trust me. :o

cvillanueva

Feb 13, 2012
    Waldorf
    . Shooters 17 and younger MUST have a hunter safety certificate and be accompanied by someone 18 or older with a valid range permit.
    Is there a minimum age? I've heard unofficially 12-17 for the hunter safety course. Can anyone confirm?

I'm asking because I have a six year old daughter wanting trigger time with her crickett.

Are there any DNR Officers or course instructors in this forum I can PM?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    That's weird, I saw kids a lot younger than that when I took the course.:confused:

Safety course wise, yes they can be younger. Was answering the question about mg age limit. anybody under 18 requires a hunting safety course to shoot there. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom