• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    A non restricted MD Permit would give you the state of Michigan added to reciprocity if you already have a FL and UT permit.

With a MD, UT, and FL permit you could carry in the following (34 States):

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

To maximize Permits then you would need to get these permits as well (4 States):

Nevada
    New Hampshire
    Connecticut
    Maine

You could still NOT carry in the following States/Districts/Territories:

California, Colorado , Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia, Illinois, Wisconsin, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

I'm working on getting Colorado moved into Class number 2 at the moment, and I working to try to get Oregon and California on the same boat after my Colorado case is completed. The US pacific territories are going to need some work, and some inside help since I don't live anywhere near there.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I'm working on getting Colorado moved into Class number 2 at the moment, and I working to try to get Oregon and California on the same boat after my Colorado case is completed. The US pacific territories are going to need some work, and some inside help since I don't live anywhere near there.

Oregon should be the easiest. They already issue non-resident permits to surrounding states.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The Examiner.com has just run the article. The site is down for maintenance at this moment, but if they allow comments, this might be a good place for some of us to voice some common sense, pro-gun, support for the 2nd Amendment.

-----------------------------
    News 1 new result for Maryland gun permit shall issue

BREAKING NEWS! SAF's new Maryland lawsuit shows why 'shall issue ...
    Examiner.com
    He appealed to the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board, ... authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. ...

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    Just curious, why O'Malley isn't named? Isn't he in charge of the MSP both on and off paper?

No, the Superintendent is in charge of MSP. If they were suing to strike down the actual criminal prohibition against carry, O'Malley would be the appropriate defendant. No reason to drag in O'Malley into the situation. Gansler is likely going to defend the MSP anyway, so no reason to sue him. Sheridan and the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board are sufficient defendants. If the judge orders the defendants to consider "good and substantial reason" to be "self defense", there's nothing anyone above the Superintendent that can order them to do so. In fact, firing them to refusing to disobey the federal judges order would be considered retaliatory and would push it to a criminal act rather than just a civil violation.

tkmiralles

Feb 10, 2010
    Day of Reckoning!

It will be so enjoyable to watch the know-it-all General Assembly and that idiot O'Malloy have to bow to the Federal Courts. I may reconsider staying in Maryland long term.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

I think PA will give you a non-resident permit if you already have one in your own state, at least for MD residents. Or maybe this is how it used to be. They have have changed this in the past year.

ME is super easy too. My MD safety video qualified as the training requirement. And I think I read that NH will give you non-resident if you have one from another state as well.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    No, the Superintendent is in charge of MSP. If they were suing to strike down the actual criminal prohibition against carry, O'Malley would be the appropriate defendant. No reason to drag in O'Malley into the situation. Gansler is likely going to defend the MSP anyway, so no reason to sue him. Sheridan and the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board are sufficient defendants. If the judge orders the defendants to consider "good and substantial reason" to be "self defense", there's nothing anyone above the Superintendent that can order them to do so. In fact, firing them to refusing to disobey the federal judges order would be considered retaliatory and would push it to a criminal act rather than just a civil violation.

ah, got it - thanks.

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    Well, count me in as another new SAF life member. As national gun rights organizations go, the SAF and Gura have the best track record for actual progress anyway.

Plenty of organizatiosn take credit and argue with each other, but the SAF keeps winning and filing court cases that count.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Well, I was about to buy another C&R toy, but I just became an SAF life member instead.

MSI will be next. Thank you Gura, Hansel, SAF, MSI, Spot, Norton, and everyone here at mdshooters. :mdpatriot

It's time to get down to business... :thumbsup:

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Lots of attractive women grunting as they whack a bunch of balls back and forth?

serena-williams-denim.jpg

2006_04_19_serena_williams-2430-20090913-85.jpg

serena-williams-2008-olympics.jpg

:innocent0

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    Spot, Norton, DD, MSI exec members, Mr Gura, Mr Hansel, SAF leaders and supporters you gentlemen are truly patriots and heroes in the tradition of the patriots who founded and fought for this country from it's inception. Willing to put personal agendas aside for the greater good and willing to face overwhelming opposition with resolve. As a marginally involved benefactor of your tireless efforts I want to humbly thank you for taking on this endeavor when so many of us were too intimidated and meek to take up the fight. Many of us are currently unable to significantly assist in this fight financially due to various circumstances. Please realize this does not reflect our heartfelt gratitude or support for this effort. If there are non-financial ways that people who are willing could assist please be open in asking. I am sure that the time and emotional capital for you gentlemen has already amassed quite a debt for us to attempt to cover. Now that this is out and public please share the burden where possible. Sorry if this is too "touchy-feely" but this has really caught me off guard. Not to diminish your efforts to date but this has always seemed like a pipe dream. I think somewhere in my subconscious I didn't believe that we would ever rate national attention. Thank you again for your efforts to date and the huge task ahead.

andy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom