URL=http://images.imagelinky.com/1264906780.JPG]
    1264906780.JPG
    [/URL]

Sorry i know the pics are bad..low light and no tripod zoomed in

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    There was a all white deer up here in the woods behind my place, i used to see it alot when i rode dirtbikes back there but i havent for a while and the deer dont come in my yard and get on my porch like they used to since i got the husky.

Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    WSM..ya its was a BB but the other 20 doe i shot this year were mature deer. I just pulled the trigger on this one because it was a piebald..and yes i regret it, and have a nice scar to remind me of my mistake. I could of shot many large deer that night but instead took two piebalds out of the herd.

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thread from the dead...

Saw a piebald doe in Susquehanna State Park today less than a mile from the mill. She spotted me on the trail and turned to run into the woods, that white flank stood out like a flag. I had to stop and try to get a closer look and she was probably 60-70% white.

On the other hand, the two does I scared at other spots on the trail were both fairly large. I think one had a fawn with her but the underbrush was to thick to see clearly.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Bad JuJu for sure, haven't heard that since, "Ramar of the Jungle" !

Glad the ones in Wisc. are protected, kinda like seeing them.

Do they have white meat as well, do they taste any better than brown ones ?

Didn't realize the racks were white also, cool.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Piebalds taste just as good, even goofy 2.5 year old ones that have overbites and a teeny antler.

Here's his skin.

Attachments

• LeePiebald2.jpg
      LeePiebald2.jpg
      108.4 KB · Views: 350

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Ive seen a few Albinos up here in Garrett CO. In the hunting grounds where I used to hunt - there was an albino we had seen many times. The owner of the ground did not want anyone to shoot it (for fear of bad Ju Ju , lol) but that hunting season someone in the adjacent ground shot it. Wasnt a huge buck by anymeans.

It was a true albino - had the pink eyes and all. Some all white deer are not fully albino - they have regular eyes like a typical whitetail - just the fur is totally white. Some people believe true albinos cannot see or hear as well as a normal whitetail. Judging by how the one I seen would act - I think there is some truth to it. I have to dig in my picture achives - I took pictures of it - but this was pre high zoom & high MP era of digital cams so it looks tiny.

The first Piebald I ever seen was on RT 28 in Montgoco, in the patch of woods near National Geo. It was half white half brown - pretty neat looking.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Charles that is a white fallow deer, they come in white, brown/white spotted, and chocolate. I'm not sure what the white mutation is about, nor the chocolate, but both are common.

Lou 45- not a zombie deer, but weird enough to make you wonder LOL. Piebalds are actually a bad genetic mutation and as one hunter once said to me " they are bad for the environment" LOL. They are bad for the deer gene pool. I think first gen is normalish looking, 2nd or more gen may have the overbite, sometimes a humped muzzle, and also short goatish legs in some cases.

A white deer that has blue eyes is called leucistic, and may be what some call "sub albino". A true albino has the reddish pupils in the eyes, pink hooves, pink nose, and pink eyelids. The antler velvet is white with pinkish sub tones.

pic is of a white fallow deer I mounted

Attachments

• fallow2.jpg
      fallow2.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 311

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Thread from the dead...

It's a good weekend for a Resurrection.....
    At tae kwon do last night my son's teacher was talking about an all white deer running with a herd of 20 or more he and his wife saw thursday. She had a fone pic but it was too far away to see much. According to them this deer was all white except for a little brown on top of the head.
    Harford/Baltimore county line area, Rt. 7 near Raphael Rd.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    In the last 3 weeks I’ve a seen an all white deer twice on muddy creek rd near tall oaks in AAco.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Have been seeing this one since late last summer. Someone popped Mom early last fall. Been hanging around my wifes stand ever since.

Have had 5 piebalds here over the years before this one, all bucks, until her.

Attachments

• 20180430_152452_1525120886280(1).jpg
      20180430_152452_1525120886280(1).jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 174

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    In the last 3 weeks I’ve a seen an all white deer twice on muddy creek rd near tall oaks in AAco.

Saw one every night at dusk last fall across from the sod farm. Had one truck in front of me almost wreck trying to get turned around to go for another look.

My gut says they need to come out of the gene pool. Years ago I lived out in California. A buddy (from Maryland ironically, and a MDS member) and I were driving around Marin county one day and went through an area where we probably saw 10-15 in a 20 minute period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom