• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Update 11/21/2017:

Here is a list of ranges in MD and adjacent states that have clubs and/or disciplines that support IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge and other Action-style shooting events that are known to include Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) divisions, as well as traditional pistol divisions. If you don't see a range listed that you know supports PCC let me know. There are many other ranges in these states but I couldn't verify their "pistol" events would support PCC.

Right now this list and upcoming events is easy to manage manually on a personal level, but I may develop either an Android app or separate search enabled website that centralizes all the data and provides upcoming events based on your location and distance filters. I've reached out to Practiscore to discuss a mutual agreement, as I find their search engine a bit inaccurate, and incomplete (the York IWLA and their associated York Pistol club, for example, doesn't appear to support Practiscore but has many run and gun events...).

In no particular order:

Maryland
    Izaak Walton League Frederick Chapter
    Anne Arundel Fish and Game
    Sanners Lake Sportsman Club
    Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman Club
    Delmarva Sportsman Association
    The Machine Gun Nest (unverified)

Pennsylvania
    West Shore Sportsman Association
    Izaak Walton League York Chapter
    Delta Peach Bottom Fish and Game
    Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club

West Virginia
    Peacemaker National Training Center
    Shadowhawk Defense

Delaware
    ------------------

Virginia
    Quantico Shooting Club

What ranges am I missing that are within that 60-90 minute window from Maryland?

Last edited:

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Stoveman, I sent them a note asking for clarification, but no response. Have you competed there or observed PCC? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Bridgeville rifle and gun clubs - 6 IDPA matches a month
    Bidgeville, Delaware

Hey Kenpo333, I looked at the website earlier and didn't see anyone shooting PCC division in previous events. Some clubs still aren't comfortable with PCC in pistol competitions, and I want to be sure PCC is allowed...would you know who to contact for verification? Thanks...

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club, New Tipton, PA (Steel Challenge at least)
    Quantico Marine Base, Quantico, VA (Steel Challenge also)

I just looked on PracticeScore, and Ontelaunee has PCC for USPSA, as well as steel events (even breaking down the division by irons or optics!), so I'll add them in. Nice find.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Note I'm still managing this but have reached out to Practiscore to either get some improvements put in place on their match search engine, or work with them to develop a raw data feed that I can use to provide match events based on current location, date range, and user specified distance...

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Last I heard, Bridgeville is not going to be allowing PCC at there club matches.

I've hear rumors of them looking into starting a USPSA club, then PCC may be allowed. But, I've also heard they need someone to be the MD and no one wants the job. If anyone wants to run a USPSA match, let me know.....

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom