Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > JLowe's Guns

Notices

Old March 4th, 2017, 11:21 PM   #11
BossmanPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadpirate View Post
Hmm - that's interesting.
Why is that? Eventually you get tired of paying extremely overinflated prices among other issues and look for a new FFL.

I will say that Camerons in Oxford,Pa is a close second.

Also.....

John and Camerons are the only local FFLs to me that did not intentionally try to drain the bank accounts of thier customers due to the 2013 ban. Period.
BossmanPJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:27 PM   #12
j_h_smith
Huckleberry Dillinger

Quote:
Hmm - that's interesting.
John will do his best to get you what you want at the best price he can. He doesn't charge too much for a transfer fee. He will work with you on just about any matter as long as it's legal and moral.

What else could you ask for?

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
j_h_smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:29 PM   #13
BossmanPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
John will do his best to get you what you want at the best price he can. He doesn't charge too much for a transfer fee. He will work with you on just about any matter as long as it's legal and moral.

What else could you ask for?
Bout as good as it gets.
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:43 PM   #14
Jimbob2.0

He is a no BS guy. Pleasure to do business with.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #15
-Z/28-
I wanna go fast

I made my first purchase from John recently, and I highly recommend him. Great to do business with, and no one can touch his prices.

“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
-Z/28- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #16
mjbjhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z/28- View Post
I made my first purchase from John recently, and I highly recommend him. Great to do business with, and no one can touch his prices.
My first purchase was through him as well and it was WELL worth the drive (I live in Glen Burnie). Great prices, smooth transaction and nice guy...and did I mention GREAT prices?
mjbjhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 12:02 PM   #17
dreadpirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossmanPJ View Post
Why is that? Eventually you get tired of paying extremely overinflated prices among other issues and look for a new FFL.

I will say that Camerons in Oxford,Pa is a close second.

Also.....

John and Camerons are the only local FFLs to me that did not intentionally try to drain the bank accounts of thier customers due to the 2013 ban. Period.
Oh I am not doubting you at all. It's interesting because I have had my own reservations as well.

But I also think there is a fundamental difference John's model and the others that have an Internet presence. It appears John has his own web site, the other go through a third party to provide some sort of virtual store. This creates a lot of overhead that we pay for. Seriously - I can show you 2 IP websites and they lead you to the same virtual storefront that takes it's cut before the IP takes theirs.

Then you have IP's that are just plain dicks. If you are thin-skinned and can't deal with people - find another line of work!!

I could go on.

Old March 5th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #18
71Chevelle427

LOL...
True. I drive right past one that matches that description on my way up to JLowes...
71Chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #19
BossmanPJ

Quote:
Oh I am not doubting you at all. It's interesting because I have had my own reservations as well.

But I also think there is a fundamental difference John's model and the others that have an Internet presence. It appears John has his own web site, the other go through a third party to provide some sort of virtual store. This creates a lot of overhead that we pay for. Seriously - I can show you 2 IP websites and they lead you to the same virtual storefront that takes it's cut before the IP takes theirs.

Then you have IP's that are just plain dicks. If you are thin-skinned and can't deal with people - find another line of work!!

I could go on.
True. Plus John does not have the need to keep the lights on in a brick and mortar store either. The entire pckage just works and works best for me. It is a very relaxed situation to buy from John. Mixed with supporting a veteran, and close to home with the best prices I have seen anywhere, it cannot be beaten.

I have an FFL 3 miles from my house, I drive 10 to go to Johns and would drive much further if needed.
Old March 10th, 2017, 06:34 AM   #20
lkrose78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
He is a wounded, disabled Vet. An honorable man. A nice guy. Bitchin' prices and convenience is just icing on the cake. To me it is worth the 80 mile drive and tolls.
And that is why I bought my Legion from John, great guy!

Then he went the extra mile and sent the Sig down to the Sig Armorer for some action work...the easiest ever !!!
lkrose78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > JLowe's Guns