• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Attention shooters,
    Registration for the January 28, 2018 Intergalactic World Championships Of The Universe For Semi-Auto Rifle Shooting (formerly the Mayberry Carbine Match) at the Mayberry Game Protective Association is now open. The entry fee is $40 per rifle, a shooter may enter two rifles in the match but they must be in separate classes. The field limit for the match is 20 rifles.

This will be a "one run" match utilizing the entire rifle range; each shooter will start at the covered firing line and progress through approximately 15 firing positions, finally finishing at the 600 yard backstops. Distances to engage targets will be from approximately 1 to 300 yards, and targets will be a mix of paper, reactive and steel.

To minimize the amount of down time for the shooters we will split into three groups of 6 shooters each and have three different starting times, 9:00, 11:00, and 1:00. Please indicate with your entry which time is your first and second choices. If you are coming with a group of shooters we ask that you send all your entries together to ease the squadding. We will need to receive payment for all members in your group to reserve their spots.

Please include an email address with your entry so we can confirm your starting time.

I anticipate the match will fill and we will have a waiting list, if you register and cannot attend the match please let us know a soon as possible so we can notify those on the waiting list. Anyone canceling before Wednesday January 24, 2018 will have his or her entry fee returned to them. No refunds will be given for cancellations on or after Wednesday January 24, 2018.

Mail your entry information and check to: Steve Dukehart, 308 Royer Rd, Westminster MD 21158. Make checks payable to MGPA.

General:
    Classes: Iron Sights, Non-Magnified Optics, Magnified Optics.

No Armor Piercing (AP), Penetrator, Steel Core, Tracer Ammunition allowed. No holes in the steel please. Violators will be disqualified, and asked not to return.

The match consists of considerable amounts of movement on uneven terrain. There may be mud, snow, ice, drainage ditches, ruts, holes, etc. Care should be taken whenever moving on the course.

This is a lost brass match. Anyone that wants brass may bring a bucket and help police brass at the end of the match.

Magazines must be retained.

No Full Auto firing.

No drum/beta-c magazines. Standard 20 or 30 round magazines.

Targets will consist of paper, reactive, and steel targets. Targets will be engaged from approximately 1 to 300 yards.

The minimum round count appears to be in the 100+ rounds range, if all your rounds are good hits. My suggestion is to carry at least 120 rounds, more if you can, or if you think you may get a little trigger-happy.

Safety:
    Shooters will bring rifle to “ready area” in case.

Rifles must be carried muzzle down while on range.

Muzzles must point down range at all times while on range.

ECI (Empty Chamber Indicator) must be inserted at all times unless directed to remove it by a SO (Safety Officer).

Rifle must be on “Safe” during all movements on the range. Shooters will call out “Safe” when engaging safety, before moving from any firing position.

Failing to follow SO directions will result in disqualification.

At completion of your run, show SO your clear weapon and insert ECI.

Any safety violation will result in immediate disqualification.

Scoring:
    Scoring is time to complete course plus penalties.

Dropped/Abandoned magazines are one penalty each.

Any targets left un-neutralized are one penalty each.

Shooting targets out of order are one penalty per target.

Penalties are 20 seconds each.

To neutralize a paper target it must have two hits within the designated scoring area, unless target specifies otherwise.

Reactive targets require a visible hit to neutralize.

Steel targets require two hits to neutralize.

Targets will be engaged closest to farthest.

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the range.

Steve B.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Is there some sort of registration form that is linked somewhere? Or do I just mail a check with my name and email address and hope for the best?

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Results from the match

Steve B 9:17
    Bob K 9:48
    Greg B 9:55
    Colin 13:34
    Robert G 14:48
    Dan P 17:10
    Travis 22:11

Thanks to everyone that came out.
    Steve B.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Results from the match

Steve B 9:17
    Bob K 9:48
    Greg B 9:55
    Colin 13:34
    Robert G 14:48
    Dan P 17:10
    Travis 22:11

Thanks to everyone that came out.
    Steve B.

Thanks for offering it and running it. I had a blast and would definitely do it again if it fit into my schedule.

rundownfid

May 3, 2010
    Sad to miss this match, one of the things I have had to give up due to age. I believe this was my favorite match of the year a few years ago. I woul have loved to do it wen I was in my 50s and young. Steve and the crew put on a great match and it must be a nightmare for the ROs who have to run everyone through it. I see Herr Berr even checked in! Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom