• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    So you live on the west side of Baltimore, so lets say Catonsville just for reference. The AGC is 21 minutes from there.

Now lets talk about cost. You could join Baltimore Rifle Club, for $25, and get your range badge for $180. That's $205.

YOU CAN SHOOT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, ALMOST EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR. You can start at 8:30 and end at 8:30 in the long summer days. You can go after work in the summer as well. In the winter, the hours are shorter, but the crowd is less.

Figure out what a lane costs at an indoor place for lets just say, 10 hours. Bet that's close.

If outdoor and longer distances are what you seek, this in my opinion is your best option. And Baltimore Rifle has no mandatory meetings or events. Pay your $25 and never talk to them again if you don't want too.....

Welcome from Marriottsville. I live 9 minutes from AGC. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

For actually "non-membership" , Hap Baker and Elk Neck.

But I urge you to rethink your catagorical opposition to Clubs . Clubs can range from active generalist , active specialized , to laid back no frills .

Since you specifically mentioned DCM , Md State Rifle & Pistol Assn ( MSRPA) is DCM affiliated , AGC affiliated , and in recent years has been active in Annapolis fighting for our rights . Win- Win- Win .

Other new guy , please start your own thread in this subforum, so we can properly great you , and get to know each other .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 126

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    If you want to learn about hunting and tracking, look into the MD DNR hunter ecuation and Bow hunter education. Both are free.

A Lil Teapot 89

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 31, 2018
    Welcome.

Have to ask, since you are "a Lil Teapot" are you short and stout?

Haha. My handle here is actually an inside joke between me and a friend, but I turned it into a meme for guns.

I'm a lil' teapot (gun) short and stout (carbine?). Here is my handle (grip) here is my spout (muzzle). When I get out steamed up (loaded), here me shout (fired). Tip me over (eject mag/cylinder/whatever) and pour me out (clear).

I thought it was clever at least.

A Lil Teapot 89

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 31, 2018
    I want to thank everyone who's replied so far. You've all offered great resources. I will reconsider joining a club, and may like to start one of my own in the near future.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Welcome aboard and I hope you will be able to make it out to one of the Patriot Picket outings and or one of the meet and greets. Lord knows this group could use some diversity.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Haha. My handle here is actually an inside joke between me and a friend, but I turned it into a meme for guns.

I'm a lil' teapot (gun) short and stout (carbine?). Here is my handle (grip) here is my spout (muzzle). When I get out steamed up (loaded), here me shout (fired). Tip me over (eject mag/cylinder/whatever) and pour me out (clear).

Good one! Got a laugh out of that.

I recommend Scotino's pizza in Catonsville if it's still there

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

That is AWESOME!!!!

Welcome aboard.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If you want to learn about hunting and tracking, look into the MD DNR hunter ecuation and Bow hunter education. Both are free.

Yep, and Inigoes puts on one heck of a DNR hunter education seminar. However, he is down in southern Maryland. I'll make the drive again when my 5 year old gets a little older and learns how to read and write. My 8 year old got a lot out of the course this September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom