• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    We send up monthly starbucks cards, no problem.
    While speaking of frostburg, anyone tour the basement of the gunthers hotel.

Been in the basement a few times. In school, my buddy worked the desk overnight. I'd stay up there n keep him company. Pretty creepy down in there at night with the jail cell and such. Kinda like a dungeon if I remember correctly. Good days.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Been in the basement a few times. In school, my buddy worked the desk overnight. I'd stay up there n keep him company. Pretty creepy down in there at night with the jail cell and such. Kinda like a dungeon if I remember correctly. Good days.

That used to be a bar. When I was there around 98 maybe. It was a bar for a little bit. Cool spot.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    That used to be a bar. When I was there around 98 maybe. It was a bar for a little bit. Cool spot.

Last I was in there was 91 I'd say. When I was there, a bar was right thru a doorway off to the side of the main lobby. They recently done lots of work to the building so I'm not sure what it's like now.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Suggest loading the Frostburg U Card. I believe its called the Bobcat card. Essentially you load it with money and it can be used at the dining halls, campus stores, various participating retailers for fast food and such. This card basically does the shopping around for gift cards for you and is better than giving cash that will be spent on booze an such. I had a Gull Card when I went to Salisbury and it came in handy, there were even barbershops that accepted it.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Local news said the Gunter was up for auction at the courthouse steps this week.

Don't know if any of it is still open.

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    When we stayed there overnight in 2014, we parked in a back lot and entered through a small, short door. You found yourself in a narrow crooked hallway less than 7 feet high with a musty smell. There were small rooms on each side of the hall that were sealed but had large windows to see inside. One room was full of posed china dolls, another of antique childrens toys. At the end of the hall was a jail cell complete with commode and barred door. Inside it was fully covered in white and black ceramic tile. Quite the experience.

WhoMe

BANNED!!!
    Aug 10, 2017
    1986 Here!

Is Duncan's still around? We called it Duncs ... great chili and burgers ... cheap too!

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Landlord rip offs

If your nephew is renting an apartment, make sure he takes extensive pictures before and after moving of everything in to document the condition of the apartment and appliances. This includes pictures inside of the washer/dryer, stove, fridge, inside cabinets etc. Also document any issues on the sign in form. They will screw you every way they can. For example, $25 to change a light bulb.

Dress warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom