• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Clocked over 1K rounds through mine on Christmas Eve. I have one mag of four that occasionally won't lock back when empty.

99c6f31607982c9d716876bc25321df5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shield 45? Shield 9...i see the head stamp.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Clocked over 1K rounds through mine on Christmas Eve. I have one mag of four that occasionally won't lock back when empty.

99c6f31607982c9d716876bc25321df5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey stoveman try placing your support hand thumb on the front of the frame instead of under the center which is traditionally where people hold. Haven't had it fail to lockback on me yet and I'm brand new to it.

But we'll see once I run the 3 12 rounders I ordered.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hey stoveman try placing your support hand thumb on the front of the frame instead of under the center which is traditionally where people hold. Haven't had it fail to lockback on me yet and I'm brand new to it.

But we'll see once I run the 3 12 rounders I ordered.

It's the mag. Marked it the first time it happened on the initial range outing.

Also you must have the best sig p365 on the market!

I don't know if it's the best, but I like it, lol. The firing pin slide was more pronounced when it was new. Not sure if it is wearing in or wearing out.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Put another 200 through it today relatively quick. (60 rounds at a time with 5 reloads). Gun started getting a little warm, especially in front of the trigger within the guard, but still didnt have to adjust firing grip. Shot another 40 rounds of double tap without issue. Only 1 issue was a Freedom Munitions reload which caused a FTFire, but when I put it back in rotation, went bang the 2nd time. Not sure if it was a hard primer or what. This was the primer Strike post failure:

Attachments

• 20181229_154811.jpg
      20181229_154811.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 279

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Put another 200 through it today relatively quick. (60 rounds at a time with 5 reloads). Gun started getting a little warm, especially in front of the trigger within the guard, but still didnt have to adjust firing grip. Shot another 40 rounds of double tap without issue. Only 1 issue was a Freedom Munitions reload which caused a FTFire, but when I put it back in rotation, went bang the 2nd time. Not sure if it was a hard primer or what. This was the primer Strike post failure:

That is weird. All the other primers look like the pin almost pokes a hole in them and that one looks barely scratched. I wonder if for whatever reason the slide wasn't fully locked up on that shot?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    That is weird. All the other primers look like the pin almost pokes a hole in them and that one looks barely scratched. I wonder if for whatever reason the slide wasn't fully locked up on that shot?

Either way don't put much credence to it since it's a reman. Continued firing well after that without issue. 60 rounds of doubletap cycled fine.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I shoot with three guys with Gen2 365's, who shoot 115gr through gold dot G2 147gr JHP.

One has over 2K rounds, what had a few issues through the 1st 200 and since then running great.

Two have just over 1100 rounds without any issues.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I forget which reviewer said it, but now they're saying that the mags on the 365 should be replaced after a thousand or 2,000 rounds? I honestly forget the number. Apparently, the metal is too thin and gets worn away in some area, eventually causing a malfunction? Wish I remembered more to tell you guys. I'm trying to remember if it was along the crease in the neck of the mag, or where... I don't remember the terminology used to describe it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I forget which reviewer said it, but now they're saying that the mags on the 365 should be replaced after a thousand or 2,000 rounds? I honestly forget the number. Apparently, the metal is too thin and gets worn away in some area, eventually causing a malfunction? Wish I remembered more to tell you guys. I'm trying to remember if it was along the crease in the neck of the mag, or where... I don't remember the terminology used to describe it.

It is the followers that have an issue. They stop locking the slide back because the part of the follower that activates the slide stop gets chewed up.

There are aftermarket metal followers.

But I wonder if using a mag loader, like a Lula may limit the damage, as you are not showing the follower down with the round and sliding it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    On day two of the pistol class the SIG 365's firing pin broke at about 2,000 rounds. Mickey documents the experience as he contacts SIG customer service to repair the handgun and what it looks like with he got it back nine days later.

scroll to 19:24 for the failure discussion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCgX2MsoKi8

Old news.

There were problems with the ones made up to about June 2018. Sig had issues with the supplier of the striker.

Since then, they slightly changed the design and fixed the supplier issue (not sure if they increased QC or changed suppliers.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Picked up a P365 a couple of weeks ago.

Sweet little pistol. Over on SIG Talk forum, people are calling them The Pipsqueak. :D

There were initial teething problems, but most seem to be worked out.

I took mine to the range and put 100 rounds through it without any issues, other than the last 2 rounds are TOUGH loading into the mags.

I am very happy with it.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I believe that "MAP" is an industry term for "Minimum advertised price". A distributor or reseller agrees to only print a certain set price by the manufacturer. As to not under cut other sellers. UA and Oakley are big companies that use this that come to mind. Clearance prices are not part of the normal agreement.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Which is why you find online things like, "Add to cart to see price."

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I went to the range with friends last week. One rented a P365. The other owned a 9mm Shield. I got to shoot them side by side, along with some others (mostly 9s also, but one 40). I’m a total novice, so I don’t always know what I’m feeling with each gun. But I didn’t like the 365 at all. I don’t have terribly large hands but I felt like the 365 was too small for me to shoot safely. It actually felt like it could easily squirt out of my hands when I fired. After only three rounds, I put it down and let someone else finish the mag. It was that unnerving to shoot. Perhaps if I tried it again, and maybe with a hand stop on the magazine, it might feel more secure. But in contrast, the Shield was solid in my hands, no feeling like it was going to jump away, and shot smoothly.

Again, I’m a novice. But this was about as pure of an apples to apples comparison as I can think of. My choice if I had to buy one of them would be the Shield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I shoot and carry mine every day. Mine's a September build. No issues thus far! Best sub compact gun I own by far! I carry it appendix in a Sig Blackpoint Tactical holster and sometimes forget it's even there!! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom