• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I thought it was an excellent show...didn't buy anything but the selection of guns was great...just too pricey to buy. I didn't want any bad enough to even haggle...just enjoyed the experience.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Just got back as well. Here is my shopping report!

Looked for JohnFromMD didn't see you!!!!! I had my MDS name tag on. No one said boo to me.

My goal was mags. Saw lots of ARs, and the usual stuff. Wasn't really shopping for guns so didn't compare prices. One item I did see was the Ruger PC Carbine. Most had it at 500+.

They are Sub $475 now and can be found for $400 if you look hard enough.

Magpul Woman had 27 round PMAG9s for $17.50 if you bought two. So I did. Also wanted a Magpul drum thingy as well, so picked one up for $100.

One of my BX25s has started jamming again, so bit the bullet and picked up another one for $22 at the Ruger dealer there. Others had it for $25+.

Lastly, found AmmoJon at the show, and executed a 1000 round 9mm transaction out of the back of his car, for price published on his page. What a heck of a nice guy to stop browsing at the show and get my ammo needs taken care of!

Will re-iterate what JohnFromMD indicated, LOTS OF JUNK. Knockoff Glock mags were everywhere. Some I had to turn over to see they weren't factory. I trust the Magpul stuff but that is where my non-factory purchases end.

I don’t recall seeing you there..... ;)

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I was there at about 10:30 and found it to be very crowded. Got some Bullseye powder for $22.00. Also bought "world's best holster". At least that's what the sign said. The guy had a great spiel and got me to spring for one. Gave me a veteran discount too. Nice little holster for the money. Most of the guns I looked at were over priced. More knives than I've ever seen at a gun show. I think half the tables there had knives. Still fun to browse through.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My haul was some 10 rd Glock mags to flip, 24rd Glock 9mm mag (after I agreed to buy 2 he realized he marked them for his cost!), a custom molded OWB holster and a nice lockable hard case.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    My haul was some 10 rd Glock mags to flip, 24rd Glock 9mm mag (after I agreed to buy 2 he realized he marked them for his cost!), a custom molded OWB holster and a nice lockable hard case.

I picked up a bunch of 30rd Magpuls @$10 a pop. I also got some 17 rd G19x magazines for my latest addition. Shot it at AGC a week ago and it's made me a better shooter. Jon, will need to hit you up for some ammo. PM coming to you early next week.

It was a decent show. Plenty to look at. If I had more time, I'd have picked up a knife or two. I did see a G43 for under $400.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    The Marylander at a PA gun show starter kit.

Attachments

• 91E3C7B1-79E7-4BC4-B4EA-1408EBB3F6D1.jpg
      91E3C7B1-79E7-4BC4-B4EA-1408EBB3F6D1.jpg
      82.7 KB · Views: 359

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have so many mags I’m running out of room but can’t pass up a good deal. Wanted to pick up a Hillary 30rd mag, everyone was out but for $25 I thought it would be fun. They had one that “identifies as a 10rd” but I like the Hillary ones better.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have so many mags I’m running out of room but can’t pass up a good deal. Wanted to pick up a Hillary 30rd mag, everyone was out but for $25 I thought it would be fun. They had one that “identifies as a 10rd” but I like the Hillary ones better.

I didn't got this time and tomorrow we are doing science museum but everytime I go to a show I end up buying 2 or 3 mags just to exercise my freedoms.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    SCSG will be there, look for our Yellow banner towards the middle of the hall. Lots of ammo at blowout prices, and all kinds of pistol and rifle magazines!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You didn't mention having a variety (albeit slightly diminished now) of cool milsurps...:innocent0

There's a somewhat rare old rifle that's been on my wishlist for a while. I've only seen three in my life. One's been sporterized and the other two are in a private seller's collection. One of them seems to have been sold :eek: I've seen the other one at the past few PA shows, but just didn't have the cash. I decided to be financially irresponsible and give myself a loan out of my house buying fund to just buy the darn thing at this show, if the guy was there and still had it. I knew it was tempting Murphy's law to have go to a show with cash in hand and a specific target...but what else could I do? :shrug: I knew better than to bring case or sock to bring it home in (that's a sure jinx!)
    ;)

On the ride up, I mentioned my plan (and superstitions) to my father, who said, "Well then, you won't find it today, because I've got a hardcase AND gunsock in the trunk":facepalm:

Sure enough, the guy wasn't there.:banghead:

So...there I was, wondering around the show with pocket full of cash...and an empty gun case in the trunk. :tap: As tempting as that could have been, I retained some shred of discipline. That cash was earmarked for a very specific prize of a rifle...and I know it would take quite a while to amass that much again. I picked up a few little odds and ends (including one freedom sized magazine...because, you know :mdpatriot), so I wouldn't be leaving empty handed. But...:o...I really wanted to come home with a rifle :tantrum:

Fortunately, South Carroll takes plastic :D

K31.JPG

Eight hours ago today, all I knew about Swiss rifles was that people really seemed to rave about them. I'm already learned a whole lot more. :innocent0 I really trust Brian, and felt confident that I could safely buy a rifle that I knew nothing about from him without hesitation.

What's kind of funny is that earlier in the show, my dad pointed out the weird bent looking thing under the muzzle (that we've learned is the stacking...thing) of another K31, and asked if it was supposed to be bent like that. I told him that I didn't know what exactly it was, but I had seen quite a few of those weird foreign rifles and it probably was supposed to be that way. We saw this one (before I even considered bringing it home) and asked Brian what it was. At that time, I still had hopes of finding the other rifle, so I only took a cursory glance at the price. :o

Once we got to the end of the show without finding the quest piece, I got to thinking..."You know...that's probably not a bad price for one of them weird foreign rifles:innocent0" Three vendors asked if I was selling it as I walked out with it on my shoulder. I already felt pretty good about my impulse buy, but that was a nice touch :D

Soo...now I'm into another caliber:rolleyes: First world problems, right?;)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    OK... I'm officially out of room in the lockup.

Need another big steel box.

;)

I know that music alll to well...and added another verse to it today.

I was able to cram a couple more rifles in by turning a few (those with some sort of muzzle device to protect the crown) upside down. It staggers the bolt handles and other bulgey bits so they can snuggle more closely. In fact, I think one of my safes is packed so tight that I just may actually have the advertised number of rifles in it.:innocent0

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    Dogs ok?

A little late to be asking but was thinking of heading up there today. Are dogs allowed like the Nations Gun Show? - thanks

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    I know there are a few vendors with dogs here, so I would think so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks- I tried calling but the contact numbers machine was full. If I wind up taking a chance with him, I'll post the answer.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Added to Art3's post about the K-31 (it's too big to quote): there was another one at the show. While he was checking at the one at South Carroll, I wandered over to the "other" one. ;) That vender had nice descriptions on the tags, but no prices. :sad20: That's usually a "walk-on-by" for me, because I have that sucker look. Even though I'm frugal (everyone else say cheap), I have that sucker look. :innocent0 Prices quoted to me are generally higher than to other people (we've tested that several times). Anyway, I asked. The price was $200.00 higher. :lol: I'd even commented that it wasn't for me: that my son was interested (but in the can). Oh well.

Uhmm, I did make sure that we walked out past that "other" dealer. He noticed the big guy carrying a K-31.:bannana:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I know that music alll to well...and added another verse to it today.

I was able to cram a couple more rifles in by turning a few (those with some sort of muzzle device to protect the crown) upside down. It staggers the bolt handles and other bulgey bits so they can snuggle more closely. In fact, I think one of my safes is packed so tight that I just may actually have the advertised number of rifles in it.:innocent0

Ordered one through ACE Hardware... $20 less than WalMart.com and $30 less than Amazon... plus free ship to store.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Ordered one through ACE Hardware... $20 less than WalMart.com and $30 less than Amazon... plus free ship to store.

I used a wire formed metal laundry room shelf from lowes as a separator in mine. Just cut strands out where I needed more room for large muzzles. Was able to almost double the amount of rifles in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom