• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    You can't read can you? It has nothing to do with the media and I left out the races of all involved.

BTW it was a black guy carrying.....in SE DC.......and I'm a rogue white cop (not really rogue but there would be no changing your racist biased mind) We're having this conversation because you're a race baiting social justice warrior who's BS is clearly falling on enlightened deaf ears.

+1:thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Well, I'm a born again Christian AND a black guy. MPDC4511 is one of my good friends. At no time has he disrespected me in any way. He's a good guy and a good cop. One of the best if not the best. Get to know people before misjudging them. That's what I do as a Christian.

Your to kind boss

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Call for a man with a gun beating people with a glock. We find the guy matching the look-out and sure enough he has a G22 in his waistband. Guy could not have been more agreeable about the situation. Showed us his CCW permit and his property was quickly returned to him after an investigation revealed he had committed no crime. He was advised of the whole story you guys are only getting part and he was quite a nice/understanding guy. It was a total learning experience for the shift. 15-20 officers got to see a real CCW permit for the first time!!!!!

The guy responded in a manner that made us comfortable and we did the same. All in all an annoyance for him but it had to be done but a great experience on both sides. Kind of cool to actually see one in person.

Appreciate you posting this here. Obviously, the no bad outcome incidents won't get tallied or reported, so when there is an accidental or wrongful shooting of a civilian by an officer, the public has nothing to compare it to (the statistics could be 100,000 or more no shoot encounters vs a resisting while armed shooting encounter in Baton Rouge, and we would never know it). The media doesn't report the everyday mundane. It reports what is news and what is out of the ordinary.

As an aside, I think it's great that you also strive to educate your fellow officers on carry rights in DC, what a valid permit looks like, etc. Going above and beyond.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Frankly, IMO, labeling people "racist" without credible support is more offensive and damaging than using the N-word. Anyone that readily applies that label is not worthy of response.

I can see that, but I don't offend easily and I don't want to get offended easily.
    It doesn't hurt me if someone who doesn't know me makes assumptions with no basis of fact and doesn't believe facts presented.
    A stranger's impression of me doesn't carry weight. People who should know me and people in positions of authority don't/shouldn't judge me for asking a legitimate innocent question, or presuming I should know what they infer, or refute truths correcting their ignorance.

I guess I have more pressing concerns.

Oh well.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Only read the first page, not interested in the back and forth banter going on here...

Was the lawful CCWer "SWATted" or are the circumstances beyond that which you have identified as "more to the story"?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Only read the first page, not interested in the back and forth banter going on here...

Was the lawful CCWer "SWATted" or are the circumstances beyond that which you have identified as "more to the story"?

None of that matters for the purpose of this thread it was a fantastic encounter and it taught my guys a lot. The CCWer was from our brief encounter a good dude and responded perfectly!!!! Couldn't have been more happy with the outcome

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    None of that matters for the purpose of this thread it was a fantastic encounter and it taught my guys a lot. The CCWer was from our brief encounter a good dude and responded perfectly!!!! Couldn't have been more happy with the outcome

Good stuff. I wonder what his "good reason" was to elevate him above the rest of us plebeians?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There are some awesome folks here, I appreciate the kind words but to the gent I just spoke with, you know who you are.......I love working with/for you!!!

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I really do to actually but wasn't my place to ask

Agree. And glad you didn't in your official capacity....

It would be valuable to start building a compendium of what does / doesn't pose as "good reason" in DC, ala the MD HPRB threads, by Cathy for future applicants or litigants alike.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have had two encounters with VA LEO's in the past 4 years while driving. I informed them I was CCW and asked how they wanted to proceed.

i didn't get shot.

Same here

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And bingo. The disturbance in the force confirmed. LOL

Attachments

• banned.JPG
      banned.JPG
      7.8 KB · Views: 247

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    MPDC4511, never answered how the LEO's approached the CCW'r. Guns drawn?

No......and I'm not placating you at all by saying no, it's the truth from what I saw.....they weren't. He was with a group of folks and complied with EVERY request.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    No......and I'm not placating you at all by saying no, it's the truth from what I saw.....they weren't. He was with a group of folks and complied with EVERY request.

Didn't expect to be placated, but I am pleased. Every encounter with LEO's while carrying have all been pleasant. Obviously, I have never had the pleasure in DC and I know its very rare for DC police to encounter a lawful carrier. I recall in Alexandria they had some issues for a period with law enforcement overreacting to man with a gun calls, that to seems to have passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom