• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    http://wtop.com/dc/2016/04/7-year-old-girl-shot-in-southeast-d-c-friday/

Looks like this happens often in D.C. Random gunfights and people getting hurt.
    I was at a gun class last night, the instructor showed us D.C and M.D gun laws to V.A. M.D and D.C laws were pretty extensive and so was the crimes. V.A is pretty light compared these 2 states and V.A gun laws are pretty relaxed...for now.

There are a lot of arguments such as D.C and M.D has higher and denser poverty rates and that'll equal more crime in general. Another opinion is that everyone in V.A has a gun and criminals tend to think twice before attempting any robberies etc.. It just seems like lately the more gun laws pass the higher the crime rate.

Kiwiknoll

Jan 16, 2015
    Clarksville md
    I transport firearms to a friends farm to shoot and find myself intentionally avoiding dc because the gun laws related to transport are confusing to me. Yeah land of the free...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    One of our members was at this scene. Thankfully he was not injured physically. Prayers up for the little girl and for all impacted by the sight of something this horrible.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    I just saw his story in the watercooler doscission, my heart goes out to everyone involved. That was some major emotional stress and hope the girls and him is alright.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I transport firearms to a friends farm to shoot and find myself intentionally avoiding dc because the gun laws related to transport are confusing to me. Yeah land of the free...

Well if they are unloaded and locked in trunk (or locked container in back of SUV) and legal where you started and where you end, if you do not make unnecessary stop in DC they are legal under fopa. The problem is FOPA is often seen as only an "affirmative defense" (like self defense in a homicide arrest, charge and trial) meaning they can arrest, charge and try you, and during trial you have opportunity to prove you were covered and exempt under FOPA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom