• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    I have this sealed case of ammo I got back in early 2000s. It's a sealed case and when I looked it up there is conflicting information as to whether it's a copper washed steel case or brass. One site said it was noncorrosive Berdan primed which makes sense as my only 30-06 is an M1.
    Does anyone have firsthand info about this? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20170421_130825051.jpg
      IMG_20170421_130825051.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 289

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Its Danish surplus. There was a lot of it around 15 years ago.

Brass case.

Bullet is probably guilding metal over mild steel like most western European ammo.

Berdan primed not corrosive

It has a reputation for being very accurate.

People will pay a premium for it.

Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    So i figure it's safe for the M1 if the symbol means in enbloc clips but if it's steel clad would a range that prohibits AR M855 allow it? I only use XM193 at NRA range in Fairfax because of that.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Shooting an M1 Garand on an indoor range is... sad.

But hey, I'm a funny guy. I hate to see a dog locked up in a tiny cage, too.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So i figure it's safe for the M1 if the symbol means in enbloc clips but if it's steel clad would a range that prohibits AR M855 allow it? I only use XM193 at NRA range in Fairfax because of that.

What symbol?

If you mean above teh HMAK, that is the Danish crown

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    It is Danish. It is brass cased and the projectile is magnetic.
    Good accurate ammo. Boxes contain 30 rounds.

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
      P1010003.JPG
      93.1 KB · Views: 243

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I bought a case at the Chantilly show around 2001 (it was cheap then). It was for the Danish military for their Garands. It is non corrosive brass berdan primed FMJ 8 rd enblocs in bandoleers. Being surplus and not in a spam can I would open and inspect before use. Mine shoots great at the range.

Last edited:

Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    I bought a case at the Chantilly show around 2001 (it was cheap then). It was for the Danish military for their Garands. It is non corrosive brass berdan primed FMJ 8 rd enblocs in bandoleers. Being surplus and not in a spam can I would open and inspect before use. Mine shoots great at the range.
    It's been in dry storage since I've had it, also bought at gunshow. Did you find yours to be good or mixed? I noticed when I finally found it online that one person was selling single bandoleers as collectible and the pictures had some rust/corrosion in small spots.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    It's been in dry storage since I've had it, also bought at gunshow. Did you find yours to be good or mixed? I noticed when I finally found it online that one person was selling single bandoleers as collectible and the pictures had some rust/corrosion in small spots.

I found 2 small spots of slight corrosion on the outside of 2 enblocs, none on the rounds themselves. I inspected all rounds in that particular bandoleer and repacked. I inspected all other bandoleers and found no issues other than a safety pin was discolored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom