• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    After studying this bill closely, I have come to the conclusion that this is no more than a Democrats wet dream. It redefines assault weapon under the banner of "3-D Firearms Prohibition Act". When you look at what they are calling assault weapons, it is basically just about every semiautomatic gun on the market. Not to mention no grandfathering of existing weapons, banning 80 percents and banning just about every homemade firearm that you can think of. This thing does not stand a snowballs chance in hell of passing and becoming law. The part I don't like is..... what is the proposed legislation going to be here in Maryland, where it DOES stand a chance of passing?

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I generally never get concerned with their garbage but this one definitely is concerning if passed in MD. Forget the 80% lowers, this little nugget bans the purchase of parts.

(a) Banned hazardous products.—Notwithstanding section 3(a)(5)(E) of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2052(a)(5)(E)), the following shall be considered banned hazardous products under section 8 of such Act (15 U.S.C. 2057):

(1) A firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank or unfinished handgun frame that—

(A) at the point of sale does not meet the definition of a firearm in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code; and

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which such casting or blank functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun or the frame of a handgun.

(2) An assault weapon parts kit.

a) In general.—It shall be unlawful to market or advertise, on any medium of electronic communications, including over the Internet, for the sale of any of the following:

(1) A firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank or unfinished handgun frame that—

(A) at the point of sale does not meet the definition of a firearm in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code; and

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which such casting or blank functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun or the frame of a handgun.

(2) the term “assault weapon parts kit” means any part or combination of parts designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon;

So even people like me who can build a sten from parts from Home Depot, need a barrel or bolt... say good bye to that.

Edit* Oh and they did that under USC so commerce clause... they are getting stupid smart.

Look at pages 10, 11 & 12 which redefines "assault weapon, assault rifle and assault pistol".

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I generally never get concerned with their garbage but this one definitely is concerning if passed in MD. Forget the 80% lowers, this little nugget bans the purchase of parts.

(a) Banned hazardous products.—Notwithstanding section 3(a)(5)(E) of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2052(a)(5)(E)), the following shall be considered banned hazardous products under section 8 of such Act (15 U.S.C. 2057):

a) In general.—It shall be unlawful to market or advertise, on any medium of electronic communications, including over the Internet, for the sale of any of the following:

(2) the term “assault weapon parts kit” means any part or combination of parts designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon;

So even people like me who can build a sten from parts from Home Depot, need a barrel or bolt... say good bye to that.

Edit* Oh and they did that under USC so commerce clause... they are getting stupid smart.

And remember they defined semiautomatic assault weapon as any semi auto rifle or shotgun that accepts a detachable magazine.

So as above you cannot purchase any parts for almost any semiauto.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Look at pages 10, 11 & 12 which redefines "assault weapon, assault rifle and assault pistol".

Unsure what you are pointing to? The change in definition clarifies that "assault weapon" is now all weapons that accept a detachable magazine. So again buy every 80% you want, this goes deeper to the heart of the matter similar to what the UK did, it stops the sell and purchase of the two most critical components: bolts and barrels.

Stop the ability to gather hardened steel components that can handle 60k psi, you kill the homebuilding movement....

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It maybe the liberals wet dreams federally, however our state lawmakers are both lazy and get their marching orders from the higher party. I foresee a lot of copy and paste coming to the general assembly and to the books this oct.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    It maybe the liberals wet dreams federally, however our state lawmakers are both lazy and get their marching orders from the higher party. I foresee a lot of copy and paste coming to the general assembly and to the books this oct.

I do too. And don't forget the line on page 12 that defines "assault weapon" as a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm. That take s a lot off of the shelf too. Yeah I see cut and paste from this POS too.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Unsure what you are pointing to? The change in definition clarifies that "assault weapon" is now all weapons that accept a detachable magazine. So again buy every 80% you want, this goes deeper to the heart of the matter similar to what the UK did, it stops the sell and purchase of the two most critical components: bolts and barrels.

Stop the ability to gather hardened steel components that can handle 60k psi, you kill the homebuilding movement....

(4) the term ‘‘semiautomatic assault weapon’’ means—
    (A) a semiautomatic rifle or semiautomatic shotgun that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device; or
    (B) a semiautomatic pistol that has—
    (i) the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device; AND
    (ii) any one of the features described
    2 in subsection (b);

Subsection b reads...

(b) SPECIAL FEATURES OF A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL.—The special features described in subsection
    (a)(3)(B)(ii) are—

(1) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
    (2) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
    (3) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
    (4) a second hand grip;
    (5) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
    (6) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

Page 12 and look at that ridiculous 6 "special feature presentation". Ar pistols.... off the table

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO

Exactly.... kill the homebuilding movement.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    As written, it would kill the steel industry as any chunk of steel (or other material) can be fashioned into a firearm with the correct tools. This is over reach at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After studying this bill closely, I have come to the conclusion that this is no more than a Democrats wet dream. It redefines assault weapon under the banner of "3-D Firearms Prohibition Act". When you look at what they are calling assault weapons, it is basically just about every semiautomatic gun on the market. Not to mention no grandfathering of existing weapons, banning 80 percents and banning just about every homemade firearm that you can think of. This thing does not stand a snowballs chance in hell of passing and becoming law. The part I don't like is..... what is the proposed legislation going to be here in Maryland, where it DOES stand a chance of passing?

Washington just did exactly that. Even 10/22s are now classified as "semi automatic assault rifles"

The governor elect of California has already said if the state assembly sends him a bill banning ALL magazine fed semi automatics he will sign it...yes he said ALL long guns AND pistols...

These COULD be a silver lining though...now with the SCOTUS "supposedly" pro 2A they could finally put all of these bans to rest...(or they could uphold them)...Either way we need to be ready...If they ever decide to ban them completely the gloves come off..

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Washington just did exactly that. Even 10/22s are now classified as "semi automatic assault rifles"

The governor elect of California has already said if the state assembly sends him a bill banning ALL magazine fed semi automatics he will sign it...yes he said ALL long guns AND pistols...

These COULD be a silver lining though...now with the SCOTUS "supposedly" pro 2A they could finally put all of these bans to rest...(or they could uphold them)...Either way we need to be ready...If they ever decide to ban them completely the gloves come off..

I was not aware of I-1639 in Washington until it was brought to my attention earlier in this thread. That is an ugly piece of legislation. First time hearing about the governor elect in CA stating that. CHIT! I am awaiting Darth Vader Ginsburg to call it quits... hopefully during Donnie's tenure. I want to see SCOTUS have one more 2A judge. I want to see this banning craze come to an end too. It's ridiculous, but as Doc just mentioned, I know that we have not seen the end yet. Accelerated, brazen laws like this...it's coming to a head. 10-4 to gloves off.

SC-Texas

Industry Partner
    Oct 12, 2017
    HR7115. Bans 80% lowers, gun parts online sales, requires that all firearms made by private individuals since 1968 be taken to an FFL and have a serial number assigned to them for a fee and more

It's time once again. Call and email your Representatives and Senators! Get ready for more. This is simply the first of many threats.

Elections actually do have consequences. With the Democratic sweep of the house, they wasted no time in proposing Draconian anti-second Amendment legislation.

It was introduced by Frank Pallone Jr. Sponsor. Representative for New Jersey's 6th congressional district. Democrat. No surprise there.

A lot of my clients and friends tell me that we don't have anything to worry about because we hold the Senate and President Trump sits in the White House.

I constantly have to remind them that it doesn't take too many turncoat Republicans to flip and pass a bill like this and put it on the president's desk. We should all remember that President Trump supported the 1994 and later the 2004 assault weapons ban and Democratic gun control not so many years ago.

I have been listening to people in the gun community tell me for years not to worry because the Democrats and Anti-2A groups are not "coming for your guns". These statements and beliefs are factualky i correct because the Democrats and the anti-second amendment groups have come out and plainly said that their goal is the confiscation of all civilian owned firearms.

Take the time to actually read this proposed bill. It is far reaching. It would basically gut the entire firearms industry. Most people are very tempted to say that it's not as bad as we are making it out. That it doesn't really ban all that stuff. Well let's look at what this bill actually does.

This bill bans, either directly or by implication the following:
    1. Machine gun parts kit
    2. Assault weapons parts kit
    3. The marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications,
    4. Prohibition of advertising do-it-yourself assault weapons.
    5. Requires homemade firearms made after 1968 to have serial numbers,
    Other items banned due to the briad definitions in this bill:
    A. Triggers, hammers,
    B. bolt carriers,
    C. springs,
    D. stocks,
    E. bolts,
    F. barrels,
    G. rails
    H. Muzzle brakes and flash hiders
    I. Magazines
    J. 80% lowers and frames
    K. 3D printed firearms and parts

"the term assault weapon parts kit means any part or combination of parts designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon;

"the term machinegun parts kitmeans any part or combination of parts designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a machinegun or convert a firearm into a machinegun;"

Read and ponder the two definitions above. Let that sink in. Then try and convince yourself that everything, every part, that goes into building a semi-automatic rifle pistol or shotgun would not be affected by this bill.

The ban on Advertising through any media will be enforced by the Enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. So the Liberals are bringing in yet another Federal agency to regulate Firearms. Think about the mess that the batfe has made of firearms regulation.

If a firearm was made at home after 1968, it will have to be taken to a local FFL and given a serial number. Think about that. Everyone who has Hilton 80% lower, or made something from scratch, will have to go pay an FFL to register that and give it a serial number.

Democrats continue to push the “assault weapon” narrative. The Modern Semi-automatic sporting rifle and other semi automatic firearms are not assault weapons.

The use of the term Assault weapon" Is a simple, yet powerful emotional plea. It's effective in deceiving people. Remember, we have let the Democrats take over the language of the Second Amendment and they use their own words to scare moderates into thinking that guns are bad. That is why we NEVER, as gun owners and second amendment supporters, use the word assault weapon unless we're talking about a true machine gun.

Once again, the anti 2a Democrats are testing the waters and testing our resolve as gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters.

They want to see if our Resistance to anti-second Amendment legislation has wavered after all these years.

Make sure that you call your congressman and your rivers and let them know that we are aware of what the Democrats are trying to do and that we oppose it and will remember their choices at the next election cycle.

The title of the bill:

"To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machinegun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes."

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/7115/text?r=4

Track it through thus website:
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr7115

Contact your representatives and senators:
    https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT