• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Let 'em push as much of that BS as they care to. a goodly number of Dems have already taken steps to arm themselves in the face of Obama's flogging of the issue. Youall remember how he was the Gun Salesman of the Year for many years during his presidency.

Meanwhile more states have gone from Shall Issue to Constitutional Carry. Everyone knows that hard left radicals contributed to the failed Blue Wave; this grandstanding will fail for lack of support in the House, will fail in the Senate, and will be vetoed by Trump. It will serve to irritate and frighten those new 2A supporters, and continue to shove moderate Dems into becoming Independent or even Republican voters.

We are in MD, and like our brothers and sisters in NJ, NY and CA we suffer from a deserved case of BGOS, so it's hard to look outside the bars of our cells to see what's going down in America. As flagrant Leftist violence keeps flaring up due to Trump Derangement Syndrome, folks will be much les inclined to give up their means of protection.

At least, that's how I read it now. Hope I'm right. But the pendulum does seem to be swinging back toward the center these days.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    They were all, and I do mean ALL, under the strictest orders (from Schumer particularly) to NOT EVEN MENTION the “g” word leading up to the mids.. Surely everyone remembers zero discussion about guns for the last 3-4 months ...

They DO learn from their past brushes with LaPierre and Cox & Co.

Now that the mids are over it’s safe for them to harp about again, right up until they receive the “absolute Silence on the 2A!” cue from Schumer & Soros, likely sometime in the summer of 2020.

Til then, they (and their lackeys in the MSM) are gonna flog “common sense” gun control every chance they get.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For now. Think the longer game. They'll have it as an issue for 2020 to try to elect a Dem Senate that favors "common sense gun control" that the voters and House want, but the Republican Senate impedes.

They'll use state or federal legislation or both, where needed; wherever they have power.
    This is my thought too. There's a lot of press today discussing the success of MDA supported candidates this last week. Their objectives are the same, but they've rebranded their approach to better deceive folks who lean 2A but are receptive to gun control. I think the Democrats want to build on this in 2020 and 2022 (in 2022, the Senate seats in play make it easier for the Senate to flip back). They're playing the long game. With big enough margins in the House and Senate, they won't have to worry about not having the support of red state Democrats. If they are in this position in 2022, I would expect national "assault" weapons bans and above 10 rd capacity mag bans should they take control (as well as background checks closer to what MD does).

I'm bothered by the losses in Senate races in Montana, possibly in Arizona (for Flake's seat), and possibly in Florida - in part because the Democrats had far more money this election cycle to pound on Republican candidates before election day and fight in the close races after Tuesday (they have teams of lawyers moving in the contested elections). Wins in close races matter, and they seem much more disciplined in getting it done these midterms.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Any gun control bill even heard on the Senate floor is a betrayal of the public. I expect the Dems to go full crazy but I equally expect the GOP to ignore them.

Adding in the insanity in AZ, FL, GA elections; I can’t help feeling we’re inching to the tipping point. Especially with cherry picked stats like “61% support gun control” yeah no duh, nationwide polling will always reflect what CA thinks, they outnumber everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    "At the state level, voters in Washington state approved a ballot referendum expanding the state’s requirement for background checks on gun purchases. In Florida, Democrat Nikki Fried leads the race for agriculture commissioner, whose office regulates the state’s concealed weapon permits."

Oh Oh, look out non-resident permit holders. :sad20:

FL already will not honor non-resident permits, outside of their own. IIRC, FL law is written so if another state honors them, they must honor the other state. There should be no wiggle room to pull any shenanigans.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Republicans need to start planning and acting NOW to pursue in 2020 the most aggressive Democrat control in decades.

Right down to local school boards, which is where it all starts.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They can call for whatever gun control they want but it’s going nowhere in a Republican controlled Senate.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They can call for whatever gun control they want but it’s going nowhere in a Republican controlled Senate.

Doesn't matter. In fact, maybe that's what they want: An issue to regain the Senate and the WH in 2020 after more mass shootings.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Honestly I’m not so confident about our GOP senate. Thinking about it, Marco R wants national red flag laws, Rick Scott signed FL’s red flag law, Murkowski is a traitor, and Romney is a Massachusetts Democrat in GOP clothes. The red state Dems that might back us up just got re-elected and won’t fear their constituents (Tester, Manchin) and if McSally gets it stolen from her that’s another seat down.

Edging towards the tipping point.

Totalitarian regimes and parties such as the Democrat Party march in locked goose step far better than any other types. Getting Republicans to work together is akin to herding cats.

That's because a lot of Republicans in local, state and federal government aren't republicans..they are democrats in red districts where they don't have a prayer in he'll of winning as a lefty..there is no vetting process for Republicans so anyone can claim to be one and run red..

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Doesn't matter. In fact, maybe that's what they want: An issue to regain the Senate and the WH in 2020 after more mass shootings.

Still won’t happen, at least not because of that

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Not few. NONE. The real goal is to make people give up, as you said, because non gun owners are very easy to convince to support more gun control. That's why states like New York and New Jersey can ram through whatever they want. 85-90% of the people don't care, or support the actions.

That is what I have been saying for years, we just don't have the numbers here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland of people who care. Most are 1st or 2nd generation government worker transplants from up north. If it were not for the D.C. suburbs being in MD, we would probably be a "red state". Even in New York, if you live upstate you can get your permit, its by county not state currently. Wish we could have that here in MD.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    That's because a lot of Republicans in local, state and federal government aren't republicans..they are democrats in red districts where they don't have a prayer in he'll of winning as a lefty..there is no vetting process for Republicans so anyone can claim to be one and run red..

The Democrats of old left the party in the 90's once the leftists started taking over. This happened because they refused to stand up to them and shut them down, both old time Democrats and Moderate Republicans allowed this to happen.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    That is what I have been saying for years, we just don't have the numbers here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland of people who care. Most are 1st or 2nd generation government worker transplants from up north. If it were not for the D.C. suburbs being in MD, we would probably be a "red state". Even in New York, if you live upstate you can get your permit, its by county not state currently. Wish we could have that here in MD.

You can, but have to comply with NY's 10 (or 7) round limit, bans on "assault weapons" and other nonsense. These people will never stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom