• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Just saw a clip on FOX news channel 8 (508 on FIOS) from Thursday at the Red Hen, with a clip of Stoveman stating "Actions have consequences" and showing Rack in the background. Great job, Patriots!

Also saw the restaurant staff placing potted plants on the window ledges, I guess to remove the convenient seating outside the building. Cheap shot, but better than a hose, I guess.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I also want to reiterate what an awesome contribution Not_An_Outlaw made to this super successful outing against the Hostile Hens!

We have always had a great time and we firmly believe these episodes go into the history books.

Thanks NAO!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    We actually got to speak to one of the owners that the reservations through the 9th are all "friends and family".

He also said that they are having so much trouble with online reservations that they are probably going to have to institute a charge to a credit card when making reservations because so many have threatened to not show.

How much do restaurants charge just for reservations these days? Is it applied to the meal tab? What's the reservation cancellation fee? Are its customers going to be happy about that?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How much do restaurants charge just for reservations these days? Is it applied to the meal tab? What's the reservation cancellation fee? Are its customers going to be happy about that?

You give a card # and if you don't show, they charge you some amount that they have established as being what profit they might have made had the reservation been honored.

It's a very real problem for these small restaurants when people reserve a table and they are turning away customers, but the reservation doesn't show.

Not defending Red Hen, but it's not at all out of line from what lots of restaurants are doing now.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    You give a card # and if you don't show, they charge you some amount that they have established as being what profit they might have made had the reservation been honored.

It's a very real problem for these small restaurants when people reserve a table and they are turning away customers, but the reservation doesn't show.

Not defending Red Hen, but it's not at all out of line from what lots of restaurants are doing now.

If somebody walks in off the street and takes my now-available reserved table and they generate a bigger tab than I would have, will the restaurant return my deposit plus their windfall profit? I just wanted tater tots.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If somebody walks in off the street and takes my now-available reserved table and they generate a bigger tab than I would have, will the restaurant return my deposit plus their windfall profit? I just wanted tater tots.

I know the restaurant that we like to go to that is a similar model to Red Hen stipulates that they will only charge you if you are no show/no call and they aren't able to fill the table in your stead.

I think it's a reasonable policy.

There's a trend for people to make reservations at several restaurants for the same day and time and then decide on where they want to go at the last minute, meaning the other restaurants are turning away customers for a reservation that won't be honored.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Sorting through the signs this morning and look what we have here. How did that get mixed in with our signs? :innocent0

Attachments

• 20180706_120301.jpg
      20180706_120301.jpg
      96.6 KB · Views: 317

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Sorting through the signs this morning and look what we have here. How did that get mixed in with our signs? :innocent0

I'm glad to see that was written with what appears to be soft tipped markers and not something dangerous like a sharp pencil.

Also, kudos for the handwriting! It can't be easy writing that neatly while in a straight jacket.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016

Good Lord, I'd be interested in a professional psychoanalysis of that sign! The left clearly lives in a world of pretend and make-believe!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My sign?

Straight..

And Jewish too.

How pathetic to always play the victim and identity politics card.

How democrat of them !

Very sad examples of humanity

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It dawned on me that asking Sanders' party to leave the restaurant before their dinner was served was probably in Sarah's best interests.

Knowing (after the fact) how much hatred the restaurant staff had for Trump and all of his minions, it seems as though there would have been a high probability that any food served would have been 'enhanced' with special sauce or mystery ingredients. I think Sarah's folks dodged a bullet, or at least a lung lobster. A silver lining in the cloud of hatred. ;)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I hadn't thought of that angle. So very true

And as Moochelle says when they go low we go high I can only imagine the added secret ingredients to any meal served to non libs by these loons!

And all meals served with a free heaping helping of hypocrisy

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm glad to see that was written with what appears to be soft tipped markers and not something dangerous like a sharp pencil.

Also, kudos for the handwriting! It can't be easy writing that neatly while in a straight jacket.

Crayon. Obviously. Otherwise they would have had "Rainbow Lips." :D

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So now with FOX News joining CNN to run coverage of us at the Red Hen, we are waiting on MSPMS to run a clip of us to claim the Patriot Cable Media Tri-Fecta....

And as far as having food tasters, I have heard of hated and/or despised notables having spouses or family order for them in restaurants while they wait in the car...

Nowadays there are significant criminal penalties for adulterating food, but still...

Last edited:

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    And the constant need to state their sexuality. Who gives a shit if you're queer and jewish?

Victims of identity politics....

In todays leftist world, identity politics isn’t about being a victim, it’s about power and the ability publicly hate others without consequence. Claiming a certain religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, etc. etc. gives specific and measurable advantages in our society. It also provides protection to bad behavior.

For leftists, this tactic gives them the ability to publicly throw their hatred at others while living in a justifiable, self-righteous and protected bubble. Stephanie Wilkinson chasing after the Sarah Sanders group even at another restaurant is a perfect example.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    And the constant need to state their sexuality. Who gives a shit if you're queer and jewish?

Victims of identity politics....

Being of Jewish decent has nothing to do with any sexuality issue or anything else, for that matter... My mother is Jewish and look how I turned out...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom