Wal Mart temporarily blocking sales of firearms outside of Maryland and 10 others

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    Yeah this is not new. It happened to me at the Leesburg Walmart about two years ago. The woman behind the counter was ringing up two Henry .22s for me and then realized I was a Maryland resident. No sale. Very frustrating. I still try to support Walmart though since they do still sell firearms.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I know that is a bald faced lie. They will in fact get transfers from stores, if they can't get it from a distributor, due to inventory not being on hand.

I'm just going off what the manager of the Wal Mart store told me face to face yesterday evening and what the sporting good workers told me at the other 3 stores(2 WV and 1 PA) that I called because I asked all of them about buying it and having it transferred to my local Wal Mart aka site to store. The very first thing they asked was "What state do you live in?" As soon as I said MD, it was a no go.
    I know you can order rifles through Wal Mart though.
    I sure as heck wouldn't have driven 96 miles one way on 2 hours of sleep, drove 96 miles back home, and then went in to work if they would've transferred it to my Wal Mart 10 miles away where I coulda picked it. Wal Mart is as almost as bad as MSP licensing division...except at least every Wal Mart has given me the same answer...NO.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I know that is a bald faced lie. They will in fact get transfers from stores, if they can't get it from a distributor, due to inventory not being on hand.

EDITED!!!!The first person to find a Marlin 45/70 for the clearance price and can have that store agree to ship it to my Wal Mart, I'll give them $50 or donate it to one of the 2A groups here. Hell, even if its another American Ruger for the clearance price of $199, I'll still do it. I'll even take the Ruger American rimfire if its clearance priced. PM me the store and who you talked to so I can pay for the gun and let them know where my Wal Mart is located.

Last edited:

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Which of Delaware's Walmarts sell firearms? I don't believe the northern Delaware locations do, except perhaps air guns.

I was told that Delaware Wal marts stopped sellin all firearms after Delaware passed universal background checks. Apparenlty the law says any Delaware FFL has to perform background checks for private sales upon request. I was told wal mart didn't want to comply with that so they stopped selling in Delaware. Didn't want private citizens bringing guns in for background checks. I don't know if this is all accurate it's just what I was told

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Just after MOM's firearm law passed, visiting family in Florida, stopped by local WalMart. Fondling a few long guns and talking to the salesperson, who turned out to be a retired school teacher from Maryland. He showed me a company bulletin, restricting all firearms sales to MD residents until the lawyers understood the MD law.
    Would that have been the Wal-Mart in Punta Gorda Fl?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Would that have been the Wal-Mart in Punta Gorda Fl?

He lives in Windermere and leaving his house Maguire Road runs into Route 50. About 1 mile from that intersection east on route 50 is the Walmart Super Center. No idea on the name of that area.

Update: just did a google - 10500 W Colonial Dr, Ocoee, FL 34761

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    EDITED!!!!The first person to find a Marlin 45/70 for the clearance price and can have that store agree to ship it to my Wal Mart, I'll give them $50 or donate it to one of the 2A groups here. Hell, even if its another American Ruger for the clearance price of $199, I'll still do it. I'll even take the Ruger American rimfire if its clearance priced. PM me the store and who you talked to so I can pay for the gun and let them know where my Wal Mart is located.

No takers eh? I guess either
    A: Nobody has found any
    B: Nobody wants to make an easy $50
    C: Everybody discovered that Wal Mart WON'T let you pay for one of the rifles over the phone and have it transferred to another one of their stores.
    I'm not trying to be a prick here...a few people here said that it was a lie what I was told or that there was nothing hard about having it transferred to another WalMart. Nothing against those of you who said that. I'm just putting money where my mouth is...to prove what I was told.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    C: Everybody discovered that Wal Mart WON'T let you pay for one of the rifles over the phone and have it transferred to another one of their stores.
    I'm not trying to be a prick here...a few people here said that it was a lie what I was told or that there was nothing hard about having it transferred to another WalMart. Nothing against those of you who said that. I'm just putting money where my mouth is...to prove what I was told.

or, D: straw purchases are illegal. The way your original post was phrased sounded like you wanted people to buy it and then resell to you.

or also E: I would rather have my nuts tasered than step foot in Wal Mart.

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    or, D: straw purchases are illegal. The way your original post was phrased sounded like you wanted people to buy it and then resell to you.

Shouldn't be a straw purchase since there's no "purchase" , and therfore no background check, taking place. Just a transfer from one store to another and then he pays for it. I think that's what he meant. Still I doubt there will be any takers if you don't know who you're doing it for.

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Happened to me at the Spring Mills, WV store

Prior to the MOM BS law I had purchased a few shotguns at the WM in Spring Mills, WV.. Shortly after the crap law passed I went to pick up another non - restricted long gun there and was told it was a no go... They showed me a copy of their corp policy on gun sales and it included other areas such as NY, CT, IL, and MN... All areas listed could only buy in their state.. If they even sold in their state..

Also has anyone else noticed they dont seem to have the bulk ammo they used to sell.. Have not seen a can of 5.56 (the 420 rnds on strips used to be plentiful and went for $179) in months at any of the WM's around Hagerstown or the eastern panhadle of WV..

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Shouldn't be a straw purchase since there's no "purchase" , and therfore no background check, taking place. Just a transfer from one store to another and then he pays for it. I think that's what he meant. Still I doubt there will be any takers if you don't know who you're doing it for.

I'm not asking anyone to buy anything. All I'm asking is that since people says that Wal Mart will transfer a rifle from one store to another, then whoever is the first to find a Wal Mart who will transfer a rifle to my Wal Mart, then I'll pay $50. I'm not asking anyone to even go there. How did this get misconstrued? Reread my offer.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

RE Read my post. I said nothing about anyone buying anything for me. I said for someone to find a Wal Mart who will agree to ship one of the guns on clearance to my Wal Mart. PM me the Wal Mart and the name of the person you spoke to. I will call them, pay for the gun over the phone, and have them ship it to my Wal Mart. Whoever is the first to find a Wal Mart store who will ship a clearance gun to my Wal Mart will get $50 from me. How you deduced that as a straw purchase is beyond me. How else can I word it to make it any simpler? Like I said before, the $50 is me putting my money where my mouth is about Wal Mart not willing to let someone pay for a gun over the phone and have it shipped from one store to another.
    Maybe if I explain it step by step:
    Your Wal Mart in BFE(or any for that matter in MD) has a 45/70 on clearance. You confirm with Manager Jim that they will indeed let ME purchase it over the phone and that they will then transfer it to MY local Wal mart. You send me a PM stating "Hey, BFE Wal Mart has a 45/70. The phone number is 123 456 7899. Ask for Manager Jim...he said you could purchase it over the phone and then his BFE store would transfer it to your local Wal Mart.")
    The transaction actually takes place, I send you $50 or donate to a 2a group here.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Of course. And I have nothing but contempt for "gun owners" who support bans on "scary semi-automatic assault weapons of war" and think that their pistols and hunting rifles will be left alone.

You'll still find some of those FUDDs here. The ones who claimed on this forum years ago that Obama wouldn't go after guns. The same ones who plan to vote for Hillary and think she won't go after their guns. Looking over my ignore list, most of the FUDDs got banned from the forum for one reason or another, thankfully.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    You'll still find some of those FUDDs here. The ones who claimed on this forum years ago that Obama wouldn't go after guns. The same ones who plan to vote for Hillary and think she won't go after their guns. Looking over my ignore list, most of the FUDDs got banned from the forum for one reason or another, thankfully.

Does such a fool really exist here or was it just a visiting troll passing through for getting goats?

gizzard

Oct 30, 2012
    hagerstown
    Waynesboro pa always discounts their guns, one time a sig and an ar, wont sell me a levergun or any other as a md resident

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Or more likely:
    F. They bought it for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom