• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Like I said before, they are going to end up ensnaring a lot of their prized constituents who went out and bought already less than normal capacity (20 round limit) magazines with firearms for self protection over the past 5 years since FSA2013. These are the democrats who vote for these people and they are going to bend them over and break off the magazines in their ass to the tune of 3 years for each magazine and forfeiture of all firearm rights. I know a lot of pistols that are popular come with 3 magazines (almost every one is more than 10 rounds) when you buy them. What is 9 years and $15,000 to every voter of theirs who has a firearm for self protection. This is going to go over like a fart in church even on the dem side.

Except those dems are too stupid to put 2+2 together. They'll be mad about it but vote for the assholes again and again and again.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Tough part is if you get pulled over with 30 rnd/ 15 rnd mags blocked to only accept 10 it is safer for the officer to just let the judge decide. You have the right to an attorney or two.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Shameful. Will be writing more when I get home. Trying to spread the word to all of my gun friends in state.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    of all the shit they are trying, this one is the one that annoys me the most. worries me the most as well.

I agree... and I've posed this elsewhere...

I just don't get the lawmakers that propose magazine bans. The need to come out and say...I'm not going to do anything about preventing violence, I'm just interested in making sure that a killer only kills 8 or 9 instead of 17.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Yep, my orange card just arrived.

I'll have to give up 3-gun, just as I got my new gun sighted in and getting back into to it after 4 years. I'll tell you it has me drafting letters and looking at real estate over the Mason Dixon. I'll do what I can and hope like hell Vallario drawers this nonsense. I don't want to move...it's been my home for most of my life, but if they don't want me here...

Thoughts on the likelihood of him actually desk drawering this? I know he hasn't been our worst enemy in the past.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    of all the shit they are trying, this one is the one that annoys me the most. worries me the most as well.

You know. I was thinking about this earlier. We’ve all been focusing on the bump stock bill and then this one shows up. This one strikes a lot heavier than the bump stock bill. Now we are all centered on his bill and not the bumpstock bill. Clever tactic by the Dems? Misdirection for when this does not pass and the bumpstock does?! Anyone else think this? I mean this one still only has bmore sponsors and not as much traction as the bump stock bill.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    You know. I was thinking about this earlier. We’ve all been focusing on the bump stock bill and then this one shows up. This one strikes a lot heavier than the bump stock bill. Now we are all centered on his bill and not the bumpstock bill. Clever tactic by the Dems? Misdirection for when this does not pass and the bumpstock does?! Anyone else think this? I mean this one still only has bmore sponsors and not as much traction as the bump stock bill.

I honestly dont care about the bump stock bill. Ive seen them used. But you could easily do the same action without it. And in a way it does make the gun full auto, and youre not going to talk non gun people out of thinking that it does make it a machine gun. So thats a lost cause IMO.

Im more concerned with bills like these, and others that would make law abiding owners criminals.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I honestly dont care about the bump stock bill. Ive seen them used. But you could easily do the same action without it. And in a way it does make the gun full auto, and youre not going to talk non gun people out of thinking that it does make it a machine gun. So thats a lost cause IMO.

Im more concerned with bills like these, and others that would make law abiding owners criminals.

If somebody owns a bump stock and they are subsequently banned, wouldn't that make a law abiding person a criminal?

Whatever happened to the people that owned liquor when it became prohibited during Prohibition? What happened to the people that owned marijuana and cocaine before it was made illegal? They were all law abiding citizens, until the law was passed and they did not get rid of the newly considered contraband.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

I don't care about bumpstocks either. I think they're stupid toys. I don't care for revolvers either. But that us just me. I get the "shall not be infringed" part. I'm out of room on my signature, or i would have added:

Not one fcuking inch.......

I'm using a vacation day tomorrow to go to Annapolis to fight the infringers. Tooth and nail. On everything.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I got a post card from the NRA today asking me to call the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee because they are taking up the Senate bill 1062. Call to let them know you are against the Bill.

410-841-3623

This is a new number, I've been calling another number, but this is the number that they distributed on the post card.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Yeah, got the card, called the number. What a waste of time. All they said was call or email my local senator. So I did, and emailed Hogan and anyone else involved in the BS legislation. I was kind of surprised to hear back from Delegate Bromwell that he opposes the legislation. Good deal. hope more folks realize the infringing the rights of law abiding citizens will not prevent crime.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    If somebody owns a bump stock and they are subsequently banned, wouldn't that make a law abiding person a criminal?

Whatever happened to the people that owned liquor when it became prohibited during Prohibition? What happened to the people that owned marijuana and cocaine before it was made illegal? They were all law abiding citizens, until the law was passed and they did not get rid of the newly considered contraband.

I agree. And I think they should havea buy back program before a confiscation. But I just dont get bump stocks. Might just be me.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I agree. And I think they should havea buy back program before a confiscation. But I just dont get bump stocks. Might just be me.

It doesn’t matter if you get them or not. There are certain things in firearms that I don’t care anything about, but I will never agree with the outlaw or banning of them just because I don’t like or want them. I support the 2nd. Period! If we approach it as I defend only the parts I like and the rest can go we ultimately lose. I’m not writing this as condescending to your post, but in hopes you are not ok with banning bumpstock even though you don’t get them.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    It doesn’t matter if you get them or not. There are certain things in firearms that I don’t care anything about, but I will never agree with the outlaw or banning of them just because I don’t like or want them. I support the 2nd. Period! If we approach it as I defend only the parts I like and the rest can go we ultimately lose. I’m not writing this as condescending to your post, but in hopes you are not ok with banning bumpstock even though you don’t get them.

I like this. A much better mentality :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom