Dienied to buy a handgun after approval of Collectors Liscense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharstin

Cruffler
    Feb 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I sent First Seargeant Wright an email, is she does not respond, by COB, I will follow with a letter tonight. I am always courteous and professional when interacting with authority figures. The only thing on my record at all is a single misdemeanor in VA over 22 years ago and it was for carrying a pocket knife that was too large. I was told even that was expunged years ago according to VA records.

Kharstin

Cruffler
    Feb 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Found the issue, the charge was entered wrong, and not expunged. Records are destroed after 10 years so they can not research to correct. Only a lawyer can resolve since it is so old. Can anyone suggest someone with this law experience? Thank you!

Triggerscan

Shooting Ventures, LLC
    Feb 11, 2010
    Monrovia, MD
    The MSP won't disapprove an application because of the 1 in 30 day rule for non-collectors. It's up to the FFL to not complete the 2nd transfer until after the 30 days are up. The applicant has to state on the form the date if he/she purchased one in the last 30 days and is not a collector. I have had forms disapproved because of a wrong answer (which I didn't catch) - such as the first question on whether you are under 21 or not. Accidently answer "Yes" and the application is disapproved. The FFL will get a call on disapproved applications, but not usually given the reason. I always ask if it was "administrative" due to the application or because of the background check. If it was the background check, the MSP does not share any information with the FFL because of privacy laws, just that it was disapproved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom