• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    How to make my RRA NM A2 SB281 legal.

I am thinking about removing the flash hider and machining the threads off the barrel. Then removing the bayo lug.

Any thoughts opinions !!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Why would you do that? It is not illegal in maryland go have threads or flash hiders or the like...YET. Nothing is over until its over.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's legal NOW, worry about modifications at a later date - if it comes to be needed.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Even if the bill passes, you already own it so it is legal. Also, I don't think the lug was on the evil features list this time. They may have realized that no one has been bayoneted in a long time. Which to me further highlights their idiocy in claiming flash hiders and pistol grips as "dangerous".

Also, re-looking at the bill it appears that a threaded barrel is only restricted on a pistol. You could get a threaded cap, and not get rid of the threads.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    ಠ_ಠ
    I don't know what to say about what your doing other than to shaking my head at your thinking.

You have clearly not read SB281.
    Go read the bill. Understand that its a ban on most semi-auto long guns. You're rifle is already ok as long as you register it with the Maryland government (if not already registered) before October. Nothing will make an ar-15 legal after the bill is placed into action. All ar-15 looking rifles will be banned.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    if you have it now, it shouldn't affect you when it becomes law. You and your rifle will be grandfathered in.

I think our friends in CA remember hearing something like that a few years back..., just another reason to stay on the ball and get these bills killed.

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    They need to clarify the transportation part of the AW ban. If I can not take it in and out of state its worthless to me. Just trying to get opinions on modification.

I was their all day until 930pm on the 6th. I will be their all day 3/1 and 3/5. Im not giving up.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I thought it was a detachable mag and two scary features, therefore the AR would be ok if you got rid of everything but the pistol grip (as a NM I'm sure you have a fixed stock). The issue isn't that it would be granfathered in, but that the bill as written now makes transportation of assult weapons, or whatever they are calling them, illegal. So by modifying his rifle the OP can transport and use it at ranges. At least that's my take based on the current status of the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom