• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I went to my ole state owned hunting grounds in Baltimore County this afternoon for a couple of hours on a scouting mission --- problem is --- the Baltimore County Police hunt the area --- and they won't allow me access to hunt the area. The police went to my house an told me that if they caught me hunting there again, "they would confiscate my bow and my car." It used to be public hunting land. Last time I hunted the area --- about 12 years ago --- I was dragging out my six point bow kill one night, when I encountered a crazed black African male that was screaming epithets and throwing stones at moving cars.

I spooked about 14 deer...including 2 medium 8 pointers, a dead 4 point road kill, 2 medium sized scrapes, 2 four inch diameter fresh tree rubs and a 3 inch rub.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Iv been hunting this 135-140 class 8 point all season. I saw him tonight and took a shot I shouldn't have but I did. My arrow left the rest striking tree limb and hitting this beautiful buck in the right back ham. I'm pretty upset with myself for taking the shot and even more upset that I wounded such a awesome buck. He was by far the biggest buck I have ever seen in person while hunting. I shoot well very well, I practice regularly and spend a lot of time in the woods.... Man this sucks....

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    You might have gotten lucky...with him possibly getting hit in the femoral artery. If that is the case, he won't go far.

No luck was unable to find any blood at all couldn't even find the arrow. 3 of us looked and looked nothing...

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Taking marginal shots and wounding Deer is unethical.

If you can't drop it, don't shoot at it.

Just say'in.

Even under the best circumstance it is possible to wound a deer. I think most who bow hunt have lost one or ended up wounding one. I know that I have.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Saw a nice buck really dogging a doe hard this morning on the way home from work. Cant wait to hit the eastern shore this weekend to see if I can catch a big one slipping up.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    right before this guy came in the doe's took off and didn't want anything to do with him...lol:lol2:

Attachments

• big buck.JPG
      big buck.JPG
      109.5 KB · Views: 149

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Posted this in the trail cam thread before I saw this thread.
    It's on in South Fredneck.

Attachments

• MDGC0271.jpg
      MDGC0271.jpg
      55.9 KB · Views: 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120