• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    Post updates and signs of the rut in your area.

My hunting farm in Forest Hill is pretty slow. No sign in Parkton either.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Seen a good bit of rubs and scraps...this was last weekend

20131019_100244_zps63ec0e5e.jpg

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Little early for the Rut yet...

There's rubs and scraps everywhere. They start rubbing when the Velvet starts coming off. Bucks will scrape year around.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    They say a few does come into estrus a month early. Saw a buck chasing a doe (out of bow range) this morning. Watched another buck yesterday afternoon, just moving and feeding. I could smell him from 70 yards, but he didn't act like he was rutting. Haven't pulled out the grunt call or rattling bag yet ...

Wiley

MDS Supporter
    Jul 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Saw a decent buck chasing a small doe (that was running as fast as I have ever seen a deer go) late last week. Nothing else since resembling rut behavior here in western Montgomery County.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Saw a nice 8 yesterday and it didnt look like he had any women on his mind yet. Have seen some rubs that weren't there recently but that's prolly the 1.5yr olds chomping at the bit.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    not that it matters for me since I already got my deer for the season....but cold weather has moved in and it should be good for the rut here...its usually around 11nov here.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Next full moon is when the peak will be. Almost always is. One year I could hear deer moving around at night in the cornfield, and grunting sounds, and it was a beautiful full hunter's moon that night. The farmers there always cut very late.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I hunted Sunday afternoon at my lease in Harford County. I saw a spike get his butt kicked out of a thicket by a doe. He was breathing heavy and tongue hanging out. Had a small 8pt running a doe. Finally, had a big bodied 6pt run 2 does hard. He was grunting the whole way. Granted the big boys aren't active yet, but things are starting to heat up. It was fairly cold on Sunday. This warm snap might slow down activity.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The moon is currently waning, it was full last week. So nighttime feeding will be down by the time my muzzleloader season starts, which is this Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom