• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Does anybody have one these .22LR kits and can you share your experience with it? tks, s

p.s. I did use search function and found some useful info...just looking for some updated info...tks. s

Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Have had one for around 6 years. It was a little ammo picky at first but now runs like a top.

20140107_204526.jpg

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I have one. Runs best with minimags. Remington Golden bullets aren't bad either. It chokes on the low power stuff.

I love it. A great investment I made probably 5 years ago.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I love mine. Keep the feed ramp clean. Don't stock up on ammo until you see what it likes.

Mine runs well with Remington Golden Bullets.

And, yes, I have thought about silencing it.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I love mine. Keep the feed ramp clean. Don't stock up on ammo until you see what it likes.

Mine runs well with Remington Golden Bullets.

And, yes, I have thought about silencing it.
    +1
    Got one for the Wife. Her wrist gets tired after shooting her G19,and will switch to the AA kit IOT continue her practicing.

realjoecool

MDS Supporter
    Aug 6, 2012
    Mine runs great with CCI and federal auto match. Not so great with anything cheaper -subsonic, ect

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Mine runs good with the Remington Golden Bullets and the Winchester M22 rounds. Mine does need a good cleaning after 500 rounds. I use it to warm up before I start shooting with the G22, G35 or G17 slide.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Not responsive to OP’s question, but i have a jonathan ciener for a G27 that i bought 20 yrs back. The instructions tell you it is ammo brand sensitive and it is. I haven’t used it for 5 years but i thought it was worthwhile to buy and use it to practice with less expensive ammo.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have one of the original Advantage Arms Glock 17 kits from 2000. The kits have changed some since then and the mags are much better. Mine runs great with Remmy golden bullet ammo, but that's about it. Luckily, it mostly keeps the rounds subsonic with my can. I never use it anymore. Maybe I should buy an 80% lower and build a dedicated .22 for it.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I just found one of these conversion kits in my safe that I purchased many years ago. I totally forgot about it, mainly due to it being a spontaneous purchase and not something I really wanted.

In another thread, I was looking at buying a nice rimfire 22LR pistol for some recreational target shooting. I’ve been considering getting this up and running, although my aging eyes aren’t really on board. I really wanted a pistol with a reflex sight or something to help me, but I guess I have to deal with what I have. I might tinker with it this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom