• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Access is determined by the local authorities, not the shopping center owners and tenants. Regardless of what access may be requested, it's determined by the planning commission or whatever local governing body has authority. From my own experience, about ten years ago I was subdividing my property and the county tried to force me to share a driveway with another house several hundred yards away which made no sense. Their reasoning was that they wanted to limit the number of entrances to the road...but I had measurements and photographs to back up my argument, plus the fact that they had allowed adjacent driveways to another house across the rod recently built. Ultimately I won my case but not without argument and some harsh words on both sides.

These shopping centers probably want better access but they can only get what the county allows. Look at FSK Mall...I think access to there was designed by drunk high schoolers.
    This

In ops instance.. it's sounds like it's along a state road.. which they have higher restriction on how many egress/ingress are allowed into a state road.

Edit: tobefrees post.. any road improvement along a state owned property/road = more $$$ the developer need to spend on road improvement.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I was out that way again this past weekend visiting my friend in Walkersville. Coming from Harford, I usually take the scenic route of liberty road and make a right at Ceresville.

Going home I usually take 70 by means of driving Monocacy Blvd, he forgot to tell me it was closed. Ended up driving back roads to New Market, the last detour sign was by the Aldi I remember seeing and didn't make sense where to go from there, wasn't in a hurry, didn't feel like stopping to look on my phone's GPS, and just enjoyed the road.

That chick fil a/Wall Mart is seriously a congested goofy area, hard to imagine where all the cars come from? Like being back here in the Bel Air/Harford.

The whole area looks like a few large property owners/farms sold at once and modern strip malls just popped out of nowhere In a ruralish area.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I was out that way again this past weekend visiting my friend in Walkersville. Coming from Harford, I usually take the scenic route of liberty road and make a right at Ceresville.

Going home I usually take 70 by means of driving Monocacy Blvd, he forgot to tell me it was closed. Ended up driving back roads to New Market, the last detour sign was by the Aldi I remember seeing and didn't make sense where to go from there, wasn't in a hurry, didn't feel like stopping to look on my phone's GPS, and just enjoyed the road.

That chick fil a/Wall Mart is seriously a congested goofy area, hard to imagine where all the cars come from? Like being back here in the Bel Air/Harford.

The whole area looks like a few large property owners/farms sold at once and modern strip malls just popped out of nowhere In a ruralish area.

my daughter and her family live just a little north of this area, and I have to go thru it to get to their house. Doesn't matter the time of day now, the area is congested around the clock. I am going to look for a backroads route that puts me out further north on 15 so I can head south to their street and avoid the area.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I travel that corridor of 15/26 daily and I have started to avoid getting off at 26 as much as is possible. I go past the 26 exit up to Biggs Ford Road, then make a left on Dublin and enjoy the drive. I used to travel 15-26-194 but rarely do it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom