• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Whoa... Even if those night sights are new that seems high for a used G17.

Edited...

I've never priced a used MOS, so maybe that isn't bad.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Whoa... Even if those night sights are new that seems high for a used G17.

Edited...

I've never priced a used MOS, so maybe that isn't bad.

I've seen a bunch of people asking about slide milling for those sights. I have no idea what it costs so I thought it may appeal to some folks to be able to pick one up already done?

Then again, maybe not? :lol2:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've seen a bunch of people asking about slide milling for those sights. I have no idea what it costs so I thought it may appeal to some folks to be able to pick one up already done?

Then again, maybe not? :lol2:

You could very well be right.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    To much. I got a brand new 17 Gen 4 Talo edition and 3 AR lowers from PSA for 525 a couple months ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    Not to "stir the pot" according to some on MDS elsewhere, but has anyone tried Classic Firearms? At one point they seemed to have a lot of Glocks police trade-ins. I think the .40cals are all that's left in stock of the Glocks, for $299.00? I don't think it was $399.

I've never dealt w/ them so I'm curious. Prices looked pretty darn good and the condition on many looked like they rode a holster and not much else.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Not to "stir the pot" according to some on MDS elsewhere, but has anyone tried Classic Firearms? At one point they seemed to have a lot of Glocks police trade-ins. I think the .40cals are all that's left in stock of the Glocks, for $299.00? I don't think it was $399.

I've never dealt w/ them so I'm curious. Prices looked pretty darn good and the condition on many looked like they rode a holster and not much else.

Generally the .40 cal used Glocks sell for less than the 9mm

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Interesting.... A reflection of a less popular caliber?

More to the point that 20 years ago everyone went to .40. Now those guns are aging out and Depts are trading them in on new ones. My Dept stay with .40 but some are following the FBI to 9mm.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    I'm enjoying the ever-faster downward run towards 50yrs. I remember some of the "crazes" through the years. The Norinco 5.56mm AK was gonna have everyone wanting to go "rice paddy prone". The Army switching over to the Beretta, and then every movie of that time had it front-and-center. Then everyone wanted a "nine". I remember shooting a friends Beretta after all the reports of slides cracking and wondering if pulling the trigger was gonna come w/ free dental? After half-a-dozen rounds w/ the sights on the bullseye and not one hole anywhere near the previous rounds impact, I realized "free dental" was the least of my worries. After emptying the mag w/ a target looking like it took 5 rounds of 00 buckshot, what a piece of junk that particular Beretta turned out to be.

The 10mm craze. The Bren 10 dropped off and the Colt Delta Elite was gonna be the new "gold standard". I remember being in a shop and asked to see one. Looked nice. Asked to see a 10mm round that I was hearing so much about? I looked away at the rest of the shop until I heard a "tap" on the glass. Turned, looked down at this mystical new round, looked at the dealer, looked back down for another second before looking up and asking in a serious tone, "Is that it!?"

The .357 Sig. Looked pretty cool for a necked-down pistol cartridge ala the 7.62 Tokarev.

I remember when Glock hit the scene and once again, the "swooning" started. The "non-detectable" paranoia in the news. "Its indestructible", unless one decided to run lead round nose ammo through it. :sad20:

It might have been before the miracle that is the internet came about, but either in print or on-line, I recall there was a stink about the .40cal with it being promoted as the "recoils like a 9mm, hits like a .45acp" cartridge. Apparently some people using it started barking at the industry asking, "Why did you even make this round?" To which an industry rep had replied, "Because you wanted it!" Even then I thought that was a rare dose of honesty from the industry i.e. "Beware what you ask use to make."

Anyone have numbers of how many .40cal Glocks rolled off the assembly line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom