• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I remember two times being in The Gun Shop when "fruit loop" as I call him was in there giving Wes the full story of his latest trials and tribulations. He had been accused of threats against the president, and all sorts of other stuff.

Wes, can you please elaborate on this guy, and his black powder culinary skills?

Yes the Cliff.................. a colorful local of the odd bird shade.

So Mr. cliff the black powder enthusiast is going to elk neck one fine spring day to shoot his civil war guns. Well his can of powder is sitting on the bench. well spring rain shower comes thru and gives every thing a good soaking. Oh no my powder was open and it now has moisture in it!! what should I do???

So Cliff and the Datsun b210 of doom storm down 95 to the rent controled appartment he sares with his mommy ( Cliff was about 35-40 then) Being as things are tight on the Cliff budget he frets over wasting this pound of powder. What shold he do??????????

The Cliff solution......................

dump the black powder out on a baking sheet turn the over to 350 and bake till dry, IN THE GAS OVEN!!!!!!:sad20:

Yes, he is still alive and has all his arms and legs, but no Darwin award.

I sware this is true!

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    You guys have always given good service there, it keeps me coming back even if I don't buy something all the time. Shame that asshats like that have to come through though.

I have to say I still shop at other gun shops,always looking for cool used stuff for the colllection you know. But I think we have the friendlies guys working here. I think it all comes from the Bob's treating us, the employes more as family it's the best job I have ever had. Even if its just part time.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    :lol2::lol2: Sorry it happened,but that right there is funny.

Some things are so absurd you just have to laugh about them. :)

I didn't know what it was. But I was just about to fall asleep, and the dog decided he wanted to go outside, so I wasn't fully awake or thinking straight I suppose.

We ended up having to replace all the sheets on the bed, the matress topper, and throw out the blankets that were on the couch (thank goodness he didn't get it on my brand new couch) as well as the floor mat in the back of my wifes Rogue. We stayed up till 5am scrubbing that dog with this baking soda/lemon juice/soap/paste concoction that my wife found on the internet. It actually worked pretty well. He still stank a little though.

Best part? The next day we were going on vacation up to WV to meet up with some freinds for some motorcycle fun. I was riding my bike up, she was taking the car, with the dog, and the stink. Poor woman. :)

I finally did actually see the skunk a week or so later. The next day I went out and bought a .22 air rifle, thinking that if I saw him again, I could pop him, and sure it would stink for a while, but not as bad as it did the night he sprayed the dog.
    I never saw him after that night though.

I did get a picture of him. But sadly, it's hard to kill a skunk with a cell phone.

251541_10150252260577443_2431328_n.jpg

But, in a round about way, if it weren't for that skunk, we might not have gotten into shooting. I had gone shooting off and on for years, but never very seriously. My wife never had much interest in shooting, and didn't want a gun in the house unless she knew how to use it, which she didn't have much interest in either... untill I brought home that air rifle. It was something not intimidating that she could plink with in the back yard. She got pretty good with it and eventually wanted to try the real deal. That led to her buying me a pistol as a wedding present, then deciding that she liked that too and giving me money to go buy another of my own. Which led to joining up here. Which led to joining a range. Which led to being convinced to shoot in a freindly .22 precision rifle match, which led to her getting a Marlin 60 the next day, and well... you get the idea. :)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    We stayed up till 5am scrubbing that dog with this baking soda/lemon juice/soap/paste concoction that my wife found on the internet. It actually worked pretty well. He still stank a little though.

Use Hydrogen Peroxide, baking soda and a couple of drops of liquid soap. Keep well away from the dog's eye's.

Hydrogen Peroxide straight from the bottle is also good for getting fish stank off your hands.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Use Hydrogen Peroxide, baking soda and a couple of drops of liquid soap. Keep well away from the dog's eye's.

Hydrogen Peroxide straight from the bottle is also good for getting fish stank off your hands.

Yeah, that's what it was. I couldn't remember all the ingredients. There was Hydrogen Peroxide in it too. It didn't work too bad.

We went out and got some of that skunk de-stinker enzyme stuff too. That helped as well.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Two days ago I was at the LGS making a purchase. Guy walks in with a brand new AR-15 in its hard case. Puts it on the counter. Opens the case, magazine inserted in rifle, and awful-looking, mismatched add-on parts loose in the case. Says he wants the shop to attach the add-ons for him. Has no clue how to handle or operate the rifle. He lifts up a nasty off-brand plastic magazine (not a PMAG) and asks if the shop has more of "these". Employee says "You mean more magazines?". Guy responds "Whatever these are", holding it higher in the air. I complement him on the new AR by brand and model number. He looks at me dumbfounded for about 10 seconds until he realizes I mean the rifle. He responds with "Oh. Thanks. I have no idea what model this is. I figured I needed to buy one." :banghead:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Occasionally, I would hang out in The Gun Shop on Sundays when Justin worked there.....some of the "local folk" that came in there made me do some serious head scratching.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    This isn't about Idiots buying or selling guns but IDIOTS making gun laws.

I was in a store in Pa. and a guy was purchasing an AR-15, some 30 rd. mags and ammo. The owner finished up the paperwork and background check, packed up the gun, bagged up the mags and ammo. He then said to the customer 'come on back when you turn 21 and we'll get you hooked up with that (xyz brand) revolver.' And went on to say something funny about not being able to sell the young man something dangerous until he turned 21. We all had a little sad chuckle and the fellow left with his 'safe' rifle.:innocent0

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Never go to bass pro to shop for a gun. Lots of idiots buying guns and bigger idiots selling them. Last night I was there doing some archery related shopping and I saw a blonde bimbo there with her greaser beau. She was trying to shoulder an AR-15 but had a lot of trouble doing so because she was too darn silicone injected.

Pictures, I want pictures.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    The gun shops should charge a sanitizing fee when the dumb sh!tz put the handguns down their pants. I sure as hell would not to buy one that has been there. :sad20:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The gun shops should charge a sanitizing fee when the dumb sh!tz put the handguns down their pants. I sure as hell would not to buy one that has been there. :sad20:

Hate to break it to you but you remember that Glock they sold you and you asked what that was on the slide, and they said "Oh, just a little cosmoline"...

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD

Hate to break it to you but you remember that Glock they sold you and you asked what that was on the slide, and they said "Oh, just a little cosmoline"...

Eeewww. Major gnarly.

It could have been worse, they could have put it down their butt crack. :D

rnish

May 24, 2012
    I like it when Walmart employees asking you if your 22LR is for a pistol or rifle.

DOH!

pay cash & answer rifle.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

I seem to remember the guy at Walmart asking me the same question about 38 spc (pistol or rifle). I went hu? He then stated that Walmart via the cash register needed the info...so its Walmart asking the questions. I also try to only pay cash when buying ammo.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I seem to remember the guy at Walmart asking me the same question about 38 spc (pistol or rifle). I went hu? He then stated that Walmart via the cash register needed the info...so its Walmart asking the questions. I also try to only pay cash when buying ammo.

They asked me once if my 9mm was for a handgun, I said no, and the guy said "what kind of rifle shoots 9mm?". "An Uzi." I answered and he finished my sale in silence.

Yes the Cliff.................. a colorful local of the odd bird shade.

So Mr. cliff the black powder enthusiast is going to elk neck one fine spring day to shoot his civil war guns. Well his can of powder is sitting on the bench. well spring rain shower comes thru and gives every thing a good soaking. Oh no my powder was open and it now has moisture in it!! what should I do???

So Cliff and the Datsun b210 of doom storm down 95 to the rent controled appartment he sares with his mommy ( Cliff was about 35-40 then) Being as things are tight on the Cliff budget he frets over wasting this pound of powder. What shold he do??????????

The Cliff solution......................

dump the black powder out on a baking sheet turn the over to 350 and bake till dry, IN THE GAS OVEN!!!!!!:sad20:

Yes, he is still alive and has all his arms and legs, but no Darwin award.

I sware this is true!

:lol: "Datsun b210 of doom". Too funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom