• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    *a helpful hint...don't use the clip...*

;)
    Solid advice, though not timely. In truth it was a Kershaw withone of those little hooks that auto deploys the blade when you pull it out from the clipped position.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is still my favorite knife. They don't make it any more so I don't carry it much.

Attachments

• edc.jpg
      edc.jpg
      81.9 KB · Views: 266

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    While at work, I don't carry a knife - don't need to worry about an exposed pocket/belt clip scratching someone's paint. But I have 2 knives in the toolbox at work, a small cheap folder for general use, and a fixed blade CRKT that Burr-benders worked over for me. Have another folder in the center console in the truck, and when I do have one on me - it's the Benchmade.

I've found that when in places that don't allow knives, an old ignition key with some slight beveling/shaping - will do a fair amount of cutting, if you put in some effort.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    I almost cried when TSA took my SA knife. Two days later I did cry when upon my return I saw the same guy who confiscated it and asked him if they still had it around he said, "why didn't you just mail it back to yourself?":sad20:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Since my first Cub Scout Knife, U have rarely been without pocket knife, except for V ourthouses or MGA . At least 50% of interviening years, two .

IN the pocket, not clipped to it .

EDC knives top out at Buck/ Old Timer level on down to the table of old knives at a Tractor show . Albeit with a decent edge .

On the other hand. I've given a cpl of nice-ish EDC suitable knivea to Biggfootette . Stalker ( inside joke, not actual stalker) is actually a knife collector. But actually carrying them ? Nah. I'm trying though.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have carried a knife almost everyday since I was 10 years old and that was almost 50 years ago. I feel naked when I forget it at home and dig one out of my car console to carry. I have almost always carried a Swiss Army knife and started to also carry a Kershaw clip on assist a few years ago. Back when I was in school, I always carried a knife and my teachers knew it and would often ask me to use it to open something or tighten a screw.
    I find it strange that most people I work with in construction don't carry a knife except for their utility knife.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Folding knife always in back pocket. 2 boot knives in motorcycle, 2 small Leatherman models as needed. Never without a knife.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Visiting this forum so much, I've slowly, almost against my will, become something of a knife guy.

Before, I always carried a knife just because. I needed it for this and that.

But more recently, I'm finding myself being interested in different types of steel, weight, blade shape, et al.

Now (maybe unfortunately) I can tell you the difference between G10 and S30V; but I don't (much). :D

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I've been carrying a pocket knife since I was 12 years old (over 45 years) and feel naked without one. Daily circumstances of course determine which one I carry.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    I've been carrying a pocket knife nearly every day of my life since I was 12. I'm 32 now and my little collection has grown too. Some guys go to their watch case, jewelry box, belt buckle box, etc. in the morning... This is what I go to.

BMoftheDAY.JPG

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    A smartphone is all I need. If there's a need for a knife or other similar doodad, I send out a tweet. Pretty soon someone will be along with one.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I wouldn't even believe it was an option not to have at least one knife on me.

I have carried something all the time since I was bout 8. I grew up around farm, and animals. It was just expected to always have a blade. I am very "old school" at fortyish.

I normally have at least 4 blades on me daily, counting a leatherman. Along with a flashlight.

My "go to" seems to be a folding utility (razor). It has really saved my other blades from abuse.

I'm one the "oddballs" that still carry a Buck 110 everyday.....and I mean everyday....I am not metal dector friendly. So I just figure if there is a need for a metal dector, then I don't need to be there.

I won't fly, don't go into federal buildings (except for work..contractors "tools" are allowed) or anywhere I'm gonna beep.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I experienced something similar on the soccer field.....they couldnt get the net untangled. Coach came over and said, "I know you have a knife". I said sure and handed him my new Emerson.

When he brought it back it was covered in dirt and had grass on it. The stupid SOB used it to dig out a stake that was buried too deep and he couldnt pull it out.

UFB!

Another coach came over to me to borrow my knife, my microtech socom auto. I handed it to him and turned back around to continue the drill our girls were working on. Caught out of the corner of my eye him digging out the pockets for the bases so they would drop in all the way. I nearly flipped out. Went over to him and explained that it was a $400 knife and that knives are for cutting. He had no idea that knives cost more than $15 at Walmart. Lesson mine, I will never hand my good knives to anyone, if Jesus himself snags his robe on a thorn tree, No.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just like don't climb higher into a tree (stand) than you care to fall, don't let a knife out of your possession, if it would cause more than momentary grumble when it's abused..

Meanwhile, Minuteman just aquired a new goal in life. : To be crolfe 1984.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    If I have pants on there is a knife clipped to them. Always. Usually my little Spyderco Delica 4.

I typically use my knife on a daily basis at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom