• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    now I am good to go and buy the 2016 md hunting license and applicable tags as needed?

Yep

Be sure to read the hunting and trapping guide thoroughly. There is plenty of Maryland specific regulation in there.

Such a blue paint signifies property boundaries.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Reviving an old thread. Is this online course something I need to renew every year to have reciprocity with MD? Just wondering bc I was going tomorrow to get the 2017 waterfowl license and it occurred to me I should ask.

Took mine 1/14 last year I think.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Reviving an old thread. Is this online course something I need to renew every year to have reciprocity with MD? Just wondering bc I was going tomorrow to get the 2017 waterfowl license and it occurred to me I should ask.

Took mine 1/14 last year I think.

Hunter education is one and done, as long as you do not lose your card.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    Why did I find this thread after I just wasted time (and $15) on the Maryland hunter-ed.com course, only to find that there are ZERO field days I can get to (except the one I wait-listed myself for, which won't do any good, of course, unless folks drop out early rather than just not showing up).

Oh well - off to take the Texas tests, I suppose.

Should have looked into things a little better before starting. I hate this state sometimes.

-Rob

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I was looking into the Texas hunter safety for the Mrs and if I'm reading it correctly the online course is now for Texas residents only.

I did not go any further than where it states for residents but here is the link I found.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunter-education

Its "designed" for Texas residents. They will still take a nonresidents money.

understandably, they want to teach texas requirements for people planning to hunt in texas.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Bump for anyone looking for an easy way to get your hunter safety card for your hunting license - or satisfy the training requirement for the HQL...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Has anyone personally used this as the training requirement for HQL? I've gone through the whole thread and all I can find is people opining about it and another saying that there is no place on the HQL application for other than MD's hunters safety course.

Thanks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I believe Nate Siegal (formerly of Engage) did it as a couple of others as well. I don't have names but MSP has confirmed it's accepted.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I did mine via hunter ed

They told me i have to take a field day in order to get a permanent card!

Does this only apply to an official website or you can complete the safety course on any texas based hsc?

Im confused

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Clearly states its does not over the age of 17 and older,texas and virginia are the states that doesnt require a field day,plus after i completed my hunter safety course it said expect up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive my permanent card.

Why would a representative lie to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom