• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Mark Bailey the former Trooper and now owns a funeral home?

Ah yes, I met him. Was at a political meeting/social thing, he struck me as a really level headed, all around good guy.

I just took a look at his website, he says he is a strong supporter of 2A, both inside AND OUTSIDE the home. Wowzers, that's awesome.

Many political pundits encourage candidates and politicians in general to avoid 2A topics and discussions; but I believe they are wrong. When you are in a place where a certain area is so obviously broken/wrong/backwards, like we have 2A in Maryland; it's ok to point out the elephant in the room.

Both Tim and Mark have my support.

Mr H

Banana'd
    D32 is 3 seats for the House, no "subdistricts".

Top 3 in each primary go into the General, then the top 3 overall get seated.

I would like to think that at least 2 of the 3 seats are winnable, if people put in the effort to support the conservative candidate(s).

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mark Bailey the former Trooper and now owns a funeral home?

I met Mark Bailey in Annapolis during one of our Man Up Monday events. He absolutely loved the signs and definitely seems to be a very strong supporter of the 2A.

Wish I was fortunate enough to have two guys like Tim and Mark run in my district.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I realize this is Tim's thread, but re: Mark...

His webpage is pretty well devoid of platform positions and affiliations. Unless I missed something??

Not having met him yet (that I can recall), I'm hesitant to say anything about him.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    So he's passing on bad information that could result in someone being arrested and having their guns confiscated?

We often note that, whatever the letter of the law may be, we shouldn't count on being able to clear up misunderstandings of the law on the side of the road. We can't expect every LEO to be an expert on the nuances of the law. So where do people get their misinformation?

Many people, non-LEO as well as LEO, believe that possession of plus-ten round magazines is illegal. Where do they get that misinformation?
    Many people believe that deviation from the most direct route to the range or gunshop, even a stop for gas, is illegal. This is absolutely untrue, but many believe it.

Here we see the dangerous and pernicious falsehood being repeated and semingly endorsed:

Stop for gas or food on the way to the range... felony
    Break down on the side of the road on the way home from the gun shop... felony

These are LIES. They are dangerous falsehoods. Where do poorly informed LEOs get there misinformation?

The OP should correct these falsehoods.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I haven't had a chance to dig, but as he posted in #2...

The first item of interest is the City of Baltimore requesting emergency action this next legislation on gun control.

I read that as Tim trying to advise the community of what BC WANTS out of this next session, to include the list he put down.

I'll not try to speak for him, but that was my impression of what he may have been trying to say.

:shrug:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't know what he thinks he's trying to say, but he should clear it up.

He seems to be saying that those things are felonies, and a significant percentage of the public, including some LEOs, believe they are crimes.
    I have spent years correcting those misconceptions; like whack-a-mole they keep popping up.

The OP seems to be spreading those harmful lies in a particularly explicit way.

He should corect himself, and edit that post.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So he's passing on bad information that could result in someone being arrested and having their guns confiscated?

We often note that, whatever the letter of the law may be, we shouldn't count on being able to clear up misunderstandings of the law on the side of the road. We can't expect every LEO to be an expert on the nuances of the law. So where do people get their misinformation?

Many people, non-LEO as well as LEO, believe that possession of plus-ten round magazines is illegal. Where do they get that misinformation?
    Many people believe that deviation from the most direct route to the range or gunshop, even a stop for gas, is illegal. This is absolutely untrue, but many believe it.

Here we see the dangerous and pernicious falsehood being repeated and semingly endorsed:

These are LIES. They are dangerous falsehoods. Where do poorly informed LEOs get there misinformation?

The OP should correct these falsehoods.

ThreeBand, I don't think it is fair to say that these are "lies." First, while a violation of Crim. Code Section 4-203 on transport in MD may be a misdemeanor (rather than a felony), a violation is punishable with up to three years in prison and thus results in a federal firearms disqualification just like a felony, regardless of the amount of jail time imposed. You are just as screwed, at least in so far as your future possession of modern firearms and ammunition is concerned.

Second, the statute covers "transport." It starts off on a total ban on carry, and then makes a series of exceptions for certain types of transport. These exceptions have not been litigated and there is no case law on what "transport" means. So I don't think you can say definitely that it is perfectly fine to stop for gas. We just don't know until there is case law from the State appellate courts. I will say that literally speaking, stopping for any reason does not necessarily cover "transport" since you are not transporting at the time. You are stopped and how does the hostile LEO know what you are doing and where you are going? The point is to avoid an arrest, not just a conviction. The LEO and the prosecutor are not your friends. If you want to be safe, construe this statute very narrowly. Certainly, "transport" has been very narrowly construed by the federal courts in applying 18 USC 926A (FOPA). When I transport regulated firearms, I go directly to and from the range (or dealer, etc) and I don't stop. And the guns are unloaded, in an enclosed case and in the trunk. I have no interest in being a test case. It would cost a small fortune and I might lose in this State because the courts are rabidly anti-gun.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Just a thought, I hate it when politicians come looking for support during an election and then disappear for 3 years only to come back and claim to be our friends and supporters.

EDIT: I should have prefaced that with, he is still better than the 3 sitting in there now and he will get my vote. But its still annoying.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just a thought, I hate it when politicians come looking for support during an election and then disappear for 3 years only to come back and claim to be our friends and supporters.

EDIT: I should have prefaced that with, he is still better than the 3 sitting in there now and he will get my vote. But its still annoying.
    +1

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    There are 3 seats in D32. The Dems run as a slate (team). The slate is a powerful team and one of the reasons they beat us. Mark and I know each other and are moving towards teaming up. We have similar backgrounds and core beliefs. Either or both of us will be a help to the community. We prefer to sweep all three seats and the senate seats and will work together to that end.

Tim

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Uodate

All - The intent of this post was to begin educating folks on stuff behind the scenes that we do not normally look at. The Baltimore Sun posted that the City was going to work with the Legislation to propose emergency gun legislation. I used the 2A FB post as they had insight on what was going to be looked at. This was NOT about current laws.

The intent is NOT the legislation but how to begin talking about how we got here, things we are not looking at. That shooter had an extensive history before the age of 19. it included attempted murder, a gun charge that disappeared and several 2nd degree assault charges. This shows the CURRENT gun laws are not being ENFORCED. That is the message that resonates with most people I speak to, current laws are NOT being enforced so why new laws that will also not be enforced but will infringe on more law abiding citizens.

I used this discussion point at a liberal town hall with the WISE women of AACO. Their gun control chairperson had no response to this.

My posts are here to help shape message if you choose to use the information. I also hope to bring a different perspective to these discussions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for the great discussion. I am also always learning and will course correct if wrong.

Tim
    443-848-6291

Citizens for Tim Walters Treasurer: B. Kohler

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Matlock - Sorry to hear you feel this way and I can understand that optic. I have been having conversations with people just not on this board. I have also been extensively working since the last election to talk to people on all of this issues, not just 2A. I have been at many churches, community associations, right to life, and other events over the past three years. I do agree that this has been a republican narrative in D32 as long as I can remember, but not from me. I never stopped educating and being involved since 2014. I will admit that I do have a job, family and life and one has to find a balance or he/she will no longer be effective. I would also note I have not seen too many other candidates actually interface with shooters directly and consistently as I have, or to help educate. Thanks for the feedback.

Nixon

Jun 28, 2010
    There are 3 seats in D32. The Dems run as a slate (team). The slate is a powerful team and one of the reasons they beat us. Mark and I know each other and are moving towards teaming up. We have similar backgrounds and core beliefs. Either or both of us will be a help to the community. We prefer to sweep all three seats and the senate seats and will work together to that end.

Tim

People may disagree with this, but IMO you should try to find a third person to run. If you tell people they can vote for three most will, meaning your supporters will vote 2R and 1D in the general. You don't want that.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Three people will run. A third person has presented herself this week; Patty Ewing. We will most likely have several others come forward over time. Thanks.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Stoveman - They did not for the most part. I spoke with several clubs and had access. A lot of it was just bad timing as I got in the race so late. I hope that will be dramatically different this time.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Stoveman - They did not for the most part. I spoke with several clubs and had access. A lot of it was just bad timing as I got in the race so late. I hope that will be dramatically different this time.

:thumbsup:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom