• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Would like to arrange a Machine Gun free shoot. Does anyone know of a range that may be willing to host it in the state of Maryland?

This would be a suppressed and unsuppressed shoot. Full or semi auto but, mainly full auto.

Would be open to all. Class III dealers welcome as well.

Dave

The classIII shoot you did at BRGC a few years ago was great; best event ever held there truth be told.

You could apply to the club to do it again, who knows. Good luck in any event.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Delmarv isn't TOO bad of a drive. Could do it in a day but, a lot more driving than I figure most would want to do.

Dave

IMO Delmarva is a great choice. You can shoot an multiple distances from the bench. You can shoot watermelons, bottles ect. The owner told me they had a group tow in an old car and shot it full of holes for hours. The shooters set up tarps on the ground to catch most if the glass. Then towed it back out at the end of the day.

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    I will just add that the Machine Gun Nest is a bad choice for any meet. One wrong move and you owe them $100. So especially people who aren't yet familiar with their firearms and are trying to learn in a stress free environment, that is not the place. The threat of a benjamin looming over head really messed with my head, at least. I couldn't even get through a single 40rd mag on my Tavor there.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I will just add that the Machine Gun Nest is a bad choice for any meet. One wrong move and you owe them $100. So especially people who aren't yet familiar with their firearms and are trying to learn in a stress free environment, that is not the place. The threat of a benjamin looming over head really messed with my head, at least. I couldn't even get through a single 40rd mag on my Tavor there.

Please explain.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    The classIII shoot you did at BRGC a few years ago was great; best event ever held there truth be told.

You could apply to the club to do it again, who knows. Good luck in any event.

Will try them again. Last time I asked they were very dead set on not having it there. That was a couple of years ago. Worse they could say is No. Will keep you up to date.

Will drop a line to Delmarv as well. Although a bit further to travel, it is still in the state of MD so no Form 20's needed.

Dave

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    Please explain.

I apologize for the really late response and you'll probably never see it at this point.

The Machine Gun Nest has a policy wherein if you accidentally shoot something you aren't supposed to shoot, namely their hardware, that's a hundred bucks right there per shot. So I wouldn't recommend going there to try and sight anything in or shoot any weapons they weren't absolutely sure of in their usage. They're pretty serious about it. My brother got fined for just shooting the backrod of his target. I dunno about you guys but that seems pretty counter intuitive.

I apologize for the really late response and you'll probably never see it at this point.

The Machine Gun Nest has a policy wherein if you accidentally shoot something you aren't supposed to shoot, namely their hardware, that's a hundred bucks right there per shot. So I wouldn't recommend going there to try and sight anything in or shoot any weapons they weren't absolutely sure of in their usage. They're pretty serious about it. My brother got fined for just shooting the backrod of his target. I dunno about you guys but that seems pretty counter intuitive.

With all due respect, your written words say that you take issue with them holding shooters financially liable for destroying their property.
    Am I missing something here?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Then go buy some land and open up your own public range where people can shoot the baffle system, target carriers, target system hardware, etc... and see how fast those repair bills rack up, and you'll change your mind.

Better yet, just go by some land and shoot on it, without any regard for the people down range, beyond your target. Yee haw!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've heard that before.... I wonder where?

His intro post, maybe? Read the bolded stuff and you tell me WTF. Also the last one I put in bold is a head scratcher, considering how he is acting in that post and also in all of his other posts on the forum...

EDIT:
    He is hoping somebody nearby that owns enough land will let him come and shoot on their property, so he doesn't have to deal with RSO's telling him he is being unsafe, or destroying/damaging property. Personally, he is doing this the wrong way. I am invited by members to shoot with them at their clubs or property. I've never asked to do so, they have always made that step. He wants the easy way out, without spending the time for people to get to know him or becoming established as a member of the community.

Hey guys and gals, happy to have finally joined. I'm a long time gun owner, though I haven't bought any handguns since that HQL nonsense because I'm not a criminal and thus I refuse to be fingerprinted as though I were one.

Still, I do have a few handguns, though the bulk of what I've got is long guns. I joined this forum to get to know some other shooters, and hopefully find someone with property that legally allows firearm use.

I'm in Montgomery County in Wheaton, so my shooting options are few, and the options I have are, let's face it, kinda ********. On Target pistol range, you have ignorant nobodies breathing down your neck, same deal with the nearest NRA range, at least in my experience. Machine Gun Nest out in Frederick is full of cool people, but they have a couple ******** rules that I'm too much of a stingy guy to deal with, like if you accidentally shoot the wrong thing, that's $100 out of your pocket. Not the best place to take a gun you've never fired before, obviously, which my wallet learned quickly.

The closest place for me to shoot openly and where I can take my time and learn without some ******* breathing down my neck is Green Ridge State Forest which is just too damn far for regular shooting. I'd like to find a place I could go somewhat regularly so I can actually train rather than going once or twice a year with a group just to plink downrange.

Anyhow, I reckon I'm a pretty friendly guy. Feel free to say hi or give suggestions. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks for having me.

This is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

His intro post, maybe? Read the bolded stuff and you tell me WTF. Also the last one I put in bold is a head scratcher, considering how he is acting in that post and also in all of his other posts on the forum...

EDIT:
    He is hoping somebody nearby that owns enough land will let him come and shoot on their property, so he doesn't have to deal with RSO's telling him he is being unsafe, or destroying/damaging property. Personally, he is doing this the wrong way. I am invited by members to shoot with them at their clubs or property. I've never asked to do so, they have always made that step. He wants the easy way out, without spending the time for people to get to know him or becoming established as a member of the community.

This is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

DA- Would you like to be a shooter as my guest at The AGC sometime?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Counterintuitive to what? Just eating the expense of damage caused by people like your brother?

9n1jEfi.jpg

Are you referring to the metal bar (circled crudely on the right) above the target holder as the 'backrod' that he hit? Wow. What was he shooting if you don't mind me asking? Because if it wasn't something on full-auto with a lot of muzzle rise he couldn't keep in-check, there isn't many excuses I would consider valid.

A lot of people here shoot somewhat regularly at TMGN. I've been there a half dozen or so times since they opened. Shooting the floor and the ceiling hasn't really been an issue for most of us, I'm guessing.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Counterintuitive to what? Just eating the expense of damage caused by people like your brother?

9n1jEfi.jpg

Are you referring to the metal bar (circled crudely on the right) above the target holder as the 'backrod' that he hit? Wow. What was he shooting if you don't mind me asking? Because if it wasn't something on full-auto with a lot of muzzle rise he couldn't keep in-check, there isn't many excuses I would consider valid.

A lot of people here shoot somewhat regularly at TMGN. I've been there a half dozen or so times since they opened. Shooting the floor and the ceiling hasn't really been an issue for most of us, I'm guessing.

It is an issue for those that can't effectively control the firearm they have in their hands.

My buddy and I were double tapping with an AR at 25 yards and kept all of our rounds on target, yet never hit the floor, walls, ceiling, or target systems...

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    It is an issue for those that can't effectively control the firearm they have in their hands.

My buddy and I were double tapping with an AR at 25 yards and kept all of our rounds on target, yet never hit the floor, walls, ceiling, or target systems...

TMGN does the right thing by disclosing their policy upfront to discourage bad behavior and careless shooting. Seems to work for about 99.9% of us.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    TMGN does the right thing by disclosing their policy upfront to discourage bad behavior and careless shooting. Seems to work for about 99.9% of us.

By being up front about it, it discourages people from doing stupid things that are a danger to not only the facility, but also the employees and other patrons of the establishment.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Another issue with hitting the carrier system, other than not taking personal responsibility, is you have now possibly shut that lane down for a couple of weeks for repair. A lost lane can add up to a lot of lost revenue, not counting the cost for the repairs and replacement parts. It's not like calling a plumber or electrician where you have dozens of companies in every city and town to choose from. On Target , and other indoor range manufacturers, have very limited representatives and technicians so an unscheduled service call takes a lot of time to get someone out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom