• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    This is ridiculous. I can't believe its come to this. I just got into building my own stuff. I don't want to sell any of it. I have a crystal clear record. All I wanna do is build some stuff here and there and go to to the range. I can't believe they've turned something I love into a criminal act.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    IANAL, but here's what I think...

While they are still 80% lowers they are just a chunk of aluminum, so no regulation at any time (even after 10/1/13). After they are finished/manufactured (either privately or commercially) they are considered a gun and subject to all the regulations. You cannot legally finish/manufacture yours if you intend to transfer it to someone else.

After 10/1/13 I believe the unfinished 80% lowers will still be considered chunks of aluminum, and thus not illegal or regulated. However, it will be illegal to finish/manufacture an AR-15 lower in Maryland, so it'll have to stay an 80% lower.

If you buy them after 10/1/13 I don't think you can legally turn them into usable lowers, so it's best to buy them and finish them before October.

most of this is kinda misleading. when 80% are finished they are not subject to all regulations, that is their purpose. as long as they are for your personal use. not sure how anyone would know what you intend, but if you stamp it, you can sell it. not sure how anyone would know when you finished your 80% lower unless they saw you doing it. not likely. i wonder if you finish a lower after october 1st, if it doesn't have the copycat features, if it would be illegal. I am no lawyer. YMMV

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    I have a couple jigs/fixtures for sale if anyone is interested. They will work with regualr forgings and Sun Devil type billet lowers. PM me.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This has been going on for a while and has been reported SEVERAL times.

They are raising money to actually produce something. They have no product to sell right now.

May be legit, may be a scam.

I woudl rather BUY a product.

Firespectrum

Mar 19, 2013
    College Park
    This has been going on for a while and has been reported SEVERAL times.

They are raising money to actually produce something. They have no product to sell right now.

May be legit, may be a scam.

I woudl rather BUY a product.

Sorry about the re-post then:sign13:

As far as not actually getting the product, yeah it's low because there's risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom