• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I've been carrying single stack 9 in IWB single clip kydex and it works fine.
    Never carried OWB and thought I'd try.
    I ordered one owb kydex that uses 2 upright clip/loops and it just doesn't feel as secure and close to the body as I want.
    Any tips on how to improve this one or recommendations for one that is more snug to the body?
    Thanks.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I am happy with the following owb holsters. All kydex.
    On the High end , off the grid holsters for a shield 9 and a g33. Very nice; unnessecarily expensive at 85-90.no gripes.
    Mid price is a glock store $40 holster for a g43. Have worn it almost every day since may and like it. Would prefer the straps do not extend below the bottom of the holster but they may act as stabilizers.
    Finally, two $24 holsters from amazon. One for g42 and other for shield 45. Okay, not great. They squeak when i walk. Not finished like the OTG. But they are comfortable and not money wasted. All are kydex. All conceal under an untucked shirt. Wear a real gun belt and keep it tight. Experiment. I would stay away from fobus type paddle holsters as they project too far from the waist.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not saying that nobody makes a "good" kydex holster in the context of material, workmanship, or design within the context of the inherent properties of plastics . It's just that for the catagory of * OWB , holds gun snug to body, conceals well, and is comfortable * , Leather is an exponentially better suited material .

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I have a Safariland 7378 for my G19 and it's great. Thumb lock for secure reholstering and its tight to the body. I like it a lot. I wore it quite a bit as a detective.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    My CZ P-01 concealed very well at 4-5 o'clock in leather from Craft Holsters. For Kydex, Rhino Concealment hugged really nice for my CZ P-01 and larger P-09.

I have yet to find a comfortable leather or kydex holster for a 1911, even my commander frames...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Look for a paddle holster. Blackhawk makes them.
    Some people like the Blackhawk Serpa's some don't like the way retention is set up.
    You can get them off of amazon.

If you don't go with Blackhawk try another brand but look for the paddle attachment. I won't use OWB unless it is a paddle.
    51CX4zrcBnL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have a Safariland 7378 for my G19 and it's great. Thumb lock for secure reholstering and its tight to the body. I like it a lot. I wore it quite a bit as a detective.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

A couple decades back i had some beautiful holsters made from shark.they were for large guns. The only comparrison i have is a shark for a g27 and kydex for the g33 ( the same guns). big sigs, HP, 1911, 625 revolver. Still use them for classes occasionaly. But i find kydex great and i am a codger.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    My favorite OWB kydex are Vigitac holsters, problem is the company folded up, and they are no longer available. I do prefer kydex to leather, despite owning and carrying in leather for years, Kydex is faster, more secure without a retension feature, don't hold moisture, are easier to reholster with, and IMO superior in most ways, only downside can be comfort, but they can be sufficiently comfortable, especially hybrid holsters with a kydex shell and leather backing/loops. There are about a million companies producing various kydex holsters though, and some eBay and Amazon sellers have good stuff for good prices in-stock. Going through Vedder, Raven or other big names can come with a backlog and high prices. There are features I want, offset forming, meaning most of the shaping is done on the outer pannel, so the inner pannel is flatter, and more comfortable. I like wing/pancake clips, they keep it much closer than the Raven "loop style" clips that are between the belt and holster. I like it to ride high with a little forward cant, and I like the end of the holster to be comfortably shaped with minimal bulk, where some leave a wide flat edge extending a couple inches past the muzzle. DME holsters, Knightfall customs, Vedder, Muddy river tactical, Black rhino concealment are just a few that can be had in my chosen configuration.
    vigitac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom